Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackier123

That is 2 hours of my life I will never get back...

jackier123
9 years ago

I just spent 2 hours looking for my travel case that has my handwork in it. It is a small plastic container with snapping lid. It is about 6 x 9 inches...well I finally found it buried in the bottom of the scrap bin!

Comments (14)

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Jackie, I'm glad you found it!

I recently spent a long time looking for 2 containers of pins. Never mind that I have about a zillion pins...I had to have the missing ones! I completely forgot I got new containers for them and they were in their usual places. :)

Donna

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

I have been looking for some things all day as well, it/they are all together in a case (?) where did I hide it??? -- something very important and I will be devastated if I don't find it (them) -- so even though you spent 2 hours looking -- you found it! Yay!
    I'm still making a mess and trying not to panic too much!!! Not replaceable, valuable & sentimental.......how much worse can it be?????? I wish I was going to Camp Cheerio!

• toolgranny
    9 years ago

And I've been looking all week for my iPod. I use it for noise suppression on plane trips. Wahhhhh.

• nannykins
    9 years ago

I am still looking for my Carol Doak book. It is here somewhere.
    Theresa

• teresa_nc7
    9 years ago

While looking for thin ribbon yesterday, I found my plastic bag of hair clips that I use to hold the quilt binding to the back when hand sewing!

I had to make two lists of things to pack for the retreat, one in my calendar and the other on a loose piece of paper --- just in case I lose the paper list.

Teresa

• nanajayne
    9 years ago

Every time I "clean" my sewing room I always loose things that I put in special places so they wont get missing...Some times I spend days looking for something that is sitting right where it belongs....Glad it didn't take you that long...

• teresa_nc7
    9 years ago

That "special place" is the bane of my existance!

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

Glad I'm not the only one! This time it was searching for the comfy pants I like to wear when traveling. How could I lose them??? I went through closets, drawers and even looked through sweaters. Really tore the bedroom apart. Finally gave up and decided to do laundry. Yup, you guesses it: there they were in the dryer.

• msmeow
    9 years ago

LOL, Kate, I thought you were going to say you were wearing them!

Yesterday DH did his laundry (stinky work clothes) and when he was done he was missing a sock. Later I found one of his shirts under a quilt on the sofa. I tossed the shirt at him and said maybe the sock was in there, and sure enough, there it was! :)

Donna

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

Jackie, if you didn't save scraps, then nothing would get lost underneath them! just saying...

• jackier123
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jennifer...that was not nice :) I think the whole world should save their scraps for me!

• teresa_nc7
    9 years ago

Jackie, would you like some of my special scrap collection? I can tie a couple of garbage bags on top of the Subaru wagon and bring them to you.

Hmmmmmm?

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Scraps...did someone say scraps? Aren't they the greatest!!! Oh Jen...besides the messy baskets of scraps, the overflow of color everywhere...you just don't know what you are missing...:-)

It's reassuring to know I'm not alone with "special" places to keep special stuff that I can never find when I need to find that special stuff!
    V.

• jackier123
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Teresa, I would love some of your special scraps collection and I bet Valerie would too! She understands what that array of colors will do for you. It just makes me happy to look at them. Now, if you tied them to the top of your Suburu, you just gotta be careful and not have an accident. Non-scrappy quilters would not understand the scrap vomit that would be all over the road! hahaha