Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

My blog about the DWR with pics

lindaoh_gw
12 years ago

I just did a blog about the DWR quilt and show pictures of several of the steps. This would not have been my choice of colors for the DWR. My DD picked the colors before she was engaged and told me that is what she wanted when she got married. Thinking I would get a good head start on her wedding quilt, I bought the fabrics and took a class using the John Flynn method for the DWR. When she did get engaged and bought a house, she changed her mind about the colors. I bought all new fabric and made her DWR first. Not wanting to waste the fabric which was cut and started, I decided to make this quilt for my DH and myself.

I have never been so glad to finish a quilt in my life!! lol

Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics of DWR

Comments (18)

• nannykins
    12 years ago

And it is beautiful!
    Theresa

• User
    12 years ago

Just looking at it makes me need a nap! But, WOW, all that work really paid off--stunning quilt.

Now go make yourself a drink and put your feet up.

• bonica
    12 years ago

Wow Linda that really is beautiful. Just looking at all that work makes my head hurt!!!
    Bon
    :)

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

That is gorgeous. I love the colors. Good job.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Linda, You are amazing!!! And a blue ribbon quilt, for sure. Did you take it to your guild for show and tell? It's gorgeous!

SharonG/FL

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

It is lovily. I like the colors and you did a magnifisent job. I sympathize with you. I made a king DWR for my GD a few years ago, hand quilted it and promised I would never do that again. One promise I plan on keeping.

• loisflan
    12 years ago

Your quilt is absolutely lovely. What a lot of work. I don't think I'll be making a DWR anytime soon. Sounds like there is no room for error in that pattern.

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

Oh, my! How lovely! And I really like the colors used. But I understand your thrill at having it done...and done!

Teresa

• calliope
    12 years ago

Beautiful is an understatement. I can almost hear your sigh of relief. LOL the frog stitch. Rippit rippit.

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I was sure I left a statement earlier today but I don't see it! Wanted to tell you that the colors are wonderful. I can't imagine taking all those pieces apart to get them right - you did an amazing job!

Kate

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone! I feel as though a weight has been lifted. I enjoyed making it but at the same time, I did not enjoy the repetition. I do like sewing the curved pieces. I want to make a drunkards path this coming winter. I have the die for the Accuquilt Go to speed up the cutting process.
    Sharon, I have a guild meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) but I think I will wait until the quilting is done to take it for show and tell. I don't want to have to press it again. I'm thinking of entering it in the quilt show in 2012.
    Thanks again for all the kind comments.
    Linda OH

• User
    12 years ago

When you're ready to do the Drunkard's Path, let me know. I have an AMAZING shortcut that will knock out the squares in no time.

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

dian57, I would love to know about your shortcut for the Drunkard's Path.
    TIA
    Linda OH

• fran1523
    12 years ago

That is gorgeous. I love the colors too. Are you going to quilt it yourself on your mid arm or send it out?

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Dian! Please! Share your DP shortcut!

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Fran, I have an appointment with a long arm quilter for November 28. It was the earliest week she had free when I had her quilt the first DWR in July 2010. The deadline helped to motivate me to work on this DWR.
    Linda OH

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

I left a post earlier too and it has disappeared!

I love your quilt and a DWR is on my 'to do' list, but not any time soon.

WOW she must be a wonderful quilter.

Rosa

• lola99
    12 years ago

Your DWR is beautiful. I especially like how there is somewhat of an optical illusion with the colors. When I looked at the finished quilt top it seemed to me that there were rings that were purple and rings that were green. I think it's a really neat effect

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH