Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Let the voting begin!

grammyp
9 years ago

We have all arrived safely at Camp Cherrio and the fun has officially begun. I will make a post for each entry and you can vote by number. Voting is open and will continue until 12 noon on Saturday. Enjoy!

This is number 1:

This is #2:

This is #3:

This is #4:

This is #5:

This is #6:

This is #7:

This is #8:

beverly

Comments (22)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Oh My Word!!! How are we supposed to vote for just one???!!! They all deserve a prize!!!!

SharonG/FL

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

Ditto what Sharon said! Since I have to though, number 2. I bought a book to try those curved geese, but that's as far as I got. I'm not seeing the purple part everywhere in the selections though?

• grammyp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Please note, due to the lighting, the purples look more blue in the pictures. The purples are actually lovely.

beverly

• nannykins
    9 years ago

They are all stunning! Hard to decide.
    Theresa

• amazingcm
    9 years ago

Hard Choice but I like #8 or maybe #2 or maybe #7 or maybe oh well I am going to stick with #8.

• amazingcm
    9 years ago

Hard Choice but I like #8 or maybe #2 or maybe #7 or maybe oh well I am going to stick with #8.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Please note, due to the lighting, the purples look more blue in the pictures. The purples are actually lovely.

beverly

• day2day
    9 years ago

All of them are fantastic! Such great work. They all deserve the prize.
    I will vote for # 8.

~Geraldine

• beth7happy
    9 years ago

How does one vote when you are fascinated by curves, you love COLOR, fancy stitches make you drool, and beads, buttons and embellishments catch your attention and you're inspired by unique!???? These are all amazing, Ladies!! I don't even know what the criteria is/was for this challenge, but every single one probably met that mark! Cannot really decide; keep going back to #1 for unique! what a cool ribbon...colors...Wow. But then, there is #3 - that is sooo artistic! ..a real show-stopper! #5 was the first to really make me stop scrolling and look more closely, tho, so I'll vote for #5. I love all the color progression...the size progression...and even incorporation of the flying geese in the quilting! They are ALL winners, really! Number 5 will be my first pick. WOW, Ladies! And these are all ladies from OUR forum??? You are awesome!

• fran1523
    9 years ago

This is almost impossible. I'm glad I didn't submit some lame entry to compete with those gorgeous quilts. My vote goes to #5. It's just striking.

• msmeow
    9 years ago

I vote for #5!

Donna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Fran, I feel the same way! My entry would have been very lame compared to these. I am so traditional and don't even think of looking for a way outside the box.

Not only is the workmanship amazing, but the thought process to get to this point is boggling my mind!!! I can't vote yet.....

SharonG/FL

• samhain10 - 5a
    9 years ago

I'm not a quilter, just a fan; but if I get to vote, my vote is for the third one of the flower on the blue/purple background with what I guess you folks are calling "flying geese" in the center of the flowerhead. It's a big WOW for me. However, they're all amazingly beautiful!

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Number 5, number 8, number 5, number 8. Which oh which shall I choose!
    Ok it is number 8, because of the literal approach to the challenge.
    Theresa

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

Glad ya'll are having fun at Retreat, I vote for #8 .... I love the geese!

Best to you all,
    Sandra

• loisflan
    9 years ago

What a decision! I think all your quilts are fantastic. I love the quilted ribbons in #1; the colors and motion of #2; the simplicity of #3; the whimsey of #4; the drama of #5; the creativity of #6; the boldness of #7; and the cleverness of #8. But I have to choose only one, and I choose #3. It just speaks to me.

You all did wonderful work. I'm so glad I didn't attempt an entry.

• nanajayne
    9 years ago

I put off voting as long as I can but the decision is very difficult. Everyone comes in first in my book.. I asked my DH what he thought and he picked 7. That was mine for a while but then there was 1 but then everyone of them hit the top at one point or another but as the time is running out I will go with the moment and vote for 7. It meets the challenge so well and I love hearts.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

My vote is for #8. I wish I could have voted for them all!

SharonG/FL

• redmary
    9 years ago

The DH votes for #8 & while they are all too fabulous, I vote for #3. Ladies, you all truly inspiring & continue to tweak my imagination! I want to know how to do #3. & # 5. It is raining in MD today--hope you are in bathed in sunshine. We are off to NJ to Lima Bean Festival! Enjoy!

• gininmn
    9 years ago

I love them all! but since I can only vote for one I narrowed it down to two, #2 and # 8 yesterday. Today, when I needed to chose or not get to vote, I vote for #8.

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

All are winners! But since I can only vote for one challenge quilt, I vote for #8. I am in awe of the the creative interpretation of the Flying Geese requirement, and flawless execution of the colors and design.
    Well done everyone!

• grammyp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone for your votes. We wll tally the votes from the other campers here at Cheerio and announce the winner tonight.

beverly