Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Two quilts done from retreat

Posted by polardream (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 24, 12 at 18:55

I pieced these two tops at the Retreat. I got them sandwiched and quilted.

They are both "I Spy" type of quilts. I used blue backing for both quilts.
Photobucket

This one is a DP9Patch.
Untitled
No babies in mind for them, but they are ready - just in case! I have one more that is pieced that I need to sandwich and quilt.

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Two quilts done from retreat

You are so ambitious. I wish I could get more done. They are just great.

o

They are great, Sue! Thanks for sharing.

Donna

o

Wow Sue...they turn out great! You're inspiring me to do one for a 6 month old great neice...nicely done.
V.

o

They are so cute!!! I am saving fabric squares to make an I Spy. I hope it will be as cute as yours!!

The DP9 is amazing! Thanks for show us at the retreat.

You really have accomplished much more than I have lately lol!
Rosa

o

Love Marvin, the Martian! Both are great looking quilts. Looks like you were busy.

Faye

o

So those are "piece of mind" quilts...ready to go when needed. I wish I worked that way, instead of a little behind the eight ball most of the time. They look great.

o

You're sure not a procrastinator! I'm ready to be your grand child ;-)

o

Ah, you are an inspiration! I always mean to have a couple quilts done and ready for 'whatever' but haven't managed to make that happen. These are adorable!

(I agree with you, Faye: I'm a Marvin fan!)

Kate

o

"piece of mind" quilts!!!! Great description Bev.

Sue, these turned out really cute - the blue is perfect.
You are productive! Some little ones are going to love them.

o

I have never seen an "I Spy" quilt before and those look kind of cool. Thanks for sharing.

Best to you,
quiltingfox

o

I never thought about using the first pattern for an I Spy, but it's ideal! And, I like the blue, too! Wish I had just a little bit of your energy. @:)

SharonG/FL

o

Thanks for the compliments!

Sharon, when I did the block placement, I made sure to put the prints in the corners of the DP9P so I didn't cut them. I used the same blue in the center of all of them, but different colors in the other positions.

I am TRYING to use up some of the fabric I have ... but I did stop and buy a bunch of batik FQ today! Yikes...

Sue

o

They are both really cute and I envy the fact that you have things made ahead of time. It's also great that you were able to use up some stash.

o

Your quilts look great. I have been meaning to make a quilt with the first pattern. I like how both patterns look more complicated than they are. Your blue fabric is very cheerful. Some children somewhere will be lucky to receive your quilts!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here