Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
polardreams

Two quilts done from retreat

polardream
11 years ago

I pieced these two tops at the Retreat. I got them sandwiched and quilted.

They are both "I Spy" type of quilts. I used blue backing for both quilts.

{{!gwi}}

This one is a DP9Patch.

{{!gwi}}

No babies in mind for them, but they are ready - just in case! I have one more that is pieced that I need to sandwich and quilt.

Sue

Comments (14)

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

You are so ambitious. I wish I could get more done. They are just great.

• msmeow
    11 years ago

They are great, Sue! Thanks for sharing.

Donna

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Wow Sue...they turn out great! You're inspiring me to do one for a 6 month old great neice...nicely done.
    V.

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

They are so cute!!! I am saving fabric squares to make an I Spy. I hope it will be as cute as yours!!

The DP9 is amazing! Thanks for show us at the retreat.

You really have accomplished much more than I have lately lol!
    Rosa

• wendyfaye
    11 years ago

Love Marvin, the Martian! Both are great looking quilts. Looks like you were busy.

Faye

• bev2009
    11 years ago

So those are "piece of mind" quilts...ready to go when needed. I wish I worked that way, instead of a little behind the eight ball most of the time. They look great.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

You're sure not a procrastinator! I'm ready to be your grand child ;-)

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Ah, you are an inspiration! I always mean to have a couple quilts done and ready for 'whatever' but haven't managed to make that happen. These are adorable!

(I agree with you, Faye: I'm a Marvin fan!)

Kate

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

"piece of mind" quilts!!!! Great description Bev.

Sue, these turned out really cute - the blue is perfect.
    You are productive! Some little ones are going to love them.

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

I have never seen an "I Spy" quilt before and those look kind of cool. Thanks for sharing.

Best to you,
    quiltingfox

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

I never thought about using the first pattern for an I Spy, but it's ideal! And, I like the blue, too! Wish I had just a little bit of your energy. @:)

SharonG/FL

• polardream
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the compliments!

Sharon, when I did the block placement, I made sure to put the prints in the corners of the DP9P so I didn't cut them. I used the same blue in the center of all of them, but different colors in the other positions.

I am TRYING to use up some of the fabric I have ... but I did stop and buy a bunch of batik FQ today! Yikes...

Sue

• fran1523
    11 years ago

They are both really cute and I envy the fact that you have things made ahead of time. It's also great that you were able to use up some stash.

• lola99
    11 years ago

Your quilts look great. I have been meaning to make a quilt with the first pattern. I like how both patterns look more complicated than they are. Your blue fabric is very cheerful. Some children somewhere will be lucky to receive your quilts!