Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ride pictures

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 11, 11 at 18:43

DH and I spent part of the week before the retreat riding the Virginia Creeper and New River trails in VA. What a beautiful place to ride bikes. My daughter gave me a camera mount for my bike and I took some pictures along the way. Thought I would share some with you.

Virginia Creeper:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

New River:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you get a chance to hike or ride these trails, they are beautiful this time of the year.

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ride pictures

Great pictures, Beverly, but the best part is the camera mount for your bike. I didn't even know they made such things. I'm really sheltered! lol

SharonG/FL

o

Beautiful place. Looks like an old railroad tunnel. Would love to see it someday.

o

The trails are on old railroad beds, so it is an old rail tunnel. Some really loooong bridges, too.

Sharon, they come out with new stuff everyday. Next maybe I'll get a helmet cam.

beverly

o

What a wonderful way to see the countryside. Thanks so much for sharing. Not as good as being there but a good substitute.

o

Are you surethat these aren't professional postcards? They are beautiful!!

o

Beautiful and wasn't the weather just perfect.

o

That area is so pretty and the trails look great. Glad you got to ride and explore a new area. I'm enjoying your photos of your pre-retreat biking explorations and yours and others from the Camp Cheerio retreat.

o

How fun! Looks just so peaceful and gorgeous scenery! Never heard of a cam mount for bikes...might have to think about that for DH. TFS

o

Thanks Beverly for sharing the beautiful scenery - sure makes me want to come over and go for a ride!

Kristene

o

I love riding those trails, they are beautiful this time of year.

Come on over Kristene, I have an extra bike now.

beverly

o

I am so jealous!! I had a that exact same trip scheduled with my Girl Scouts last month and it rained (a lot!) that day, so we had to postpone it. It looks like you had perfect weather!! Beautiful!!

I hadn't heard of a bike mount for a camera. I'll have to look into that one :-)

Robbi

o

Great trails, great pictures! I had no idea you could get a mount for the camera - neat idea!

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here