Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

Favorite Tree Skirt Pattern?

K8Orlando
12 years ago

Do you have a favorite Christmas Tree skirt pattern? How about a picture of a tree skirt you've made? I have some cute Christmas owl fabric that I want to use for a small skirt but I'm overwhelmed by the choices! Looking for ideas...

Thanks!

Kate

Comments (25)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Kate, I recently read about a Tree Pants 'skirt' but could only find where a sew-along will start on the 7th. It's at the end of the linked page. It's different...

I've never made a tree skirt and no longer even put up a tree....

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Tree Pants

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I have 7 trees but only 1 skirt! LOL - I guess I should be looking at making several of them. Four of the trees are pretty small so maybe this is a good opportunity for minis.

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

These are cute ~ same blog Sharon linked to.
    7 trees????!!!! are you Nuts ~LOL~ I struggle to get one up and decorated, and I'm thinking of going smaller this year.
    I put many, many ornaments on the tree.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tree skirts

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Marsha! I had seen that first skirt, with the stars and strip trees but couldn't remember where. I like that one and will definitely use it for one of the trees.

Yes, I have a lot of trees. One 11 foot, one 9', two 6', two 4', one 2'. A couple more 1 footers that I don't count and don't always have room to set up. Crazy? Oh yeah. But I love it. We host the neighborhood Christmas party each year and the decorations just keep expanding. Last year we had 4 trees in just the patio!

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Wow. If I didn't have kids coming, I'd come to your house for Xmas.

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Why do they call that first one pants? Looks like a regular skirt to me.

One of my coworkers puts up a tree in every room of her house...I think the family room has at least 2. I think her total is 10 or 11 trees, each with its own theme.

We put ours up for the first time in several years when we were requested to host the family gathering last year.

My tree skirt is made from the giant dahlia quilt pattern. I cut a hole in the center after piecing and left one of the long curved seams undone. Then I put it on a backing fabric and stitched most of the way around and turned it right side out. If I did it again I would piece the whole top and cut a straight opening instead of the curve.

Donna

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

WOW Kate!! I am thinking about not putting up a tree this year. I decorate the hall,kitchen,and outside. But moving everything around for a tree is getting to be too much trouble.

My way was to decorate the day after Thanksgiving and DH wants ME to wait until 2 weeks before so I feel like I'm rushed to put it up.

I have been planning to make a skirt for years and haven't made one yet! I read that they were not popular any more and that really puzzled me. Why not lol??

This one is cute, but I also have another one I'll look for it.
    Rosa

Here is a link that might be useful: ChristmasTreeSkirt

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Donna, If you look closely, you'll see that the legs of the tree stand are 'inside' the skirt/pants.

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Thanks, Sharon. That's a good idea. We put socks on the legs of our tree stand so they won't mar the laminate floor.

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

Now I get it lol!!!!

Here is the one I want to make and embroider something Christmas on the four corners.

Here is a link that might be useful: StarsTreeSkirt

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

I made one in a quilt class a few years ago. You can see part of it under the tree in this link. Click on the picture to make it larger.
    Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Tree skirt

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

I have made a few but only have picture of one. I sold it in 2007.

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Very pretty!

• minnie_tx
    12 years ago

I have some small fancy ones I put around table trees but this one is very usable since it ic covered by wrapped presents early in the season

Here is a link that might be useful:

• calliope
    12 years ago

Thanks for the reminder. I bought a tree skirt pattern a year or two ago for a song during a sale at JoAnn's. It pretty much resembles a big Dresden plate. I was the recipient of a good deal of lovely quilting material and in it was a lot of yardage of really classic Holiday fabric. I may make it this year.

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

Very pretty Linda!!! Jayne that looks like a ton of work but it makes a gorgeous skirt.

The ladies at the gym laughed and told me I was getting lazy when I said I was skipping a tree this year lol!!!!

Rosa

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm loving the idea of using old ties! Here are a couple examples I found. One complicated but beautiful. The other one very simple and still attractive and fun. Makes me wish I had my father's old ties...

Kate

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Wow, never thought about using the rest of Uncle J's ties for a tree skirt. That's pretty neat!

SharonG/FL

• loisflan
    12 years ago

Wow, the pinwheel tie skirt is amazing. Do you suppose that they just appliqued them to the striped "collar" that goes around the tree?

• Joan Dupuis
    12 years ago

Here's one I made years ago. Almost like pie wedges, and I put on different appliques.

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Here is another one (scroll down a bit).

Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: Flower Box Quilt Tree Skirt

• day2day
    12 years ago

Lovely tree skirts.

A few years ago, I made a couple like this but can no longer find my pattern.

• anitastitch
    12 years ago

My first piecing project was the one Minnie showed us. Then about 3 years later I made the star one that Rosa showed us the pattern for. Both were fun to make and tuned out really nice--but now after looking at all the others, I think I might like to make a 3rd!

• salijo
    12 years ago

I think this one is beautiful.

Christmas Tree Skirt designed by Judy Niemeyer. Quilt finished August, 2010. Machine quilting by Jessica Brunnemer. Finished size is 60" diameter.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tree Skirt

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh, that IS beautiful! Love the colors and those curved flying geese!

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm