Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
micyrey

Fat Quarter Swap

Michelle Reynolds
13 years ago

Hello

I finaly think I'm organized enough to have another swap.

I'm thinking of having the ship date for Nov 10th, I would like to have all the fabric back to everyone before thanksgiving.

Same rules as before:

Max of 10 fatquarters, no more than 2 of each kind of fabric

All clean, hair and oder free.

100% cotton

18x21 inches(litter bigger is ok)

Send postage for return(out side US withno access to US currency can send me an extra FQ or 2 and I will pay postage

Include GW name, full name, address and postage in envie

And pack FQ,s in plastic bages(all in one bag is fine)

And don't forget I moved so I will send out my new addree for you.

Michelle

Comments (25)

• lola99
    13 years ago

Sounds great. Is there a theme, or just any fat quarter?

When I purchased a stack of fat quarters there were a few that I'm not fond of. I wouldn't call them "uglies" they are just not my taste. Would these be appropriate for the swap? Or should I just send things I like?

Also, do you want them washed? I can't remember.

Thanks for doing this again. It's lots of fun!

Lola

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello
    They don't have to be washed, if a quilter wants to the wash them before they use them. Fabrics you just don't need from a set are fine, everyone has diffrent taste other might just love the ones you don't care for. Or they can send them in and swap them for another fabric next swap.
    Glade to have you
    Michelle
    Ps no theme this time

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

I would love to join in. I am outside the US so will send you a couple of :FQs in lieu of postage.

Thanks
    Mary

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello
    I willsend you guies my new address on Tuesday
    Glade to have you in the swap
    Michelle

• lola99
    13 years ago

Bumping back to top to get more people signed up!

This is fun - I'm sure you have some FQs in your stash that you could swap. Just think of the excitement when you get a package in the mail and there could be anything inside!

Lola

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello ladies
    It looks like we will be a small group so please send only one of each kind of fabric. I have some great fabrics I got from a remnent bine
    Thanks
    Michelle

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Bumping back to top

Fat quarter swaps are always so much fun!!!
    They are like a box of chocolates......you never know what you are going to get!!

There is still time to play!

• imrainey
    13 years ago

I have a few that I could trade.

I've never done this before. I've made note of your conditions but what do you mean by "each kind of fabric"? How much is the postage that needs to be included?

Thanks for working me in.

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

If there is a larger group participating you can send 2 of the same design FQ but since we are a small group, Michelle would like all of the FQs to be different.

The postage you need to enclose would be the same as it costs to send you FQs to Michelle. When you go to the post office take the package unsealed. Buy stamps in the amount of the postage and tuck them into the package then seal it.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello
    Are we all still in for this one? The send date is comming up.
    Anyone else want to join? I have my FQs cut and ready to go.
    Michelle

• imrainey
    13 years ago

I need an address.

• lola99
    13 years ago

I have mine ready. I'll likely mail tomorrow.

Just one more comment to anyone who may be thinking about participating but not sure - you don't have to send 8 FQs. I'm sure EVERYONE has at least a few FQs around that they are not really sure what to do with. Send them off and you will get something fun in the mail in return!

Lola

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Mine are ready to send but I won't get them sent until at least Tuesday. I have 10 to go plus 2 in lieu of postage because I am in Canada. It will cost about $15 if I send it from here. I need a few things from the US so will go down early next week and mail my package at the same time. The most it will cost is the price of a flatrate envelope! I am only an hour from Niagara Falls.

Mary

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello
    Are we all still in for this one? The send date is comming up.
    Anyone else want to join? I have my FQs cut and ready to go.
    Michelle

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Michelle
    Would you like a self addressed return envelope enclosed in the package with the FQs?

Mary

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello
    no need for a lable I have some.
    thanks
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello
    IMrainey your fabric got here today, wow they are nice and all corodinated. very nice
    michelle

• imrainey
    13 years ago

Yeah. I got two bundles of those FQs and only used one.

• lola99
    13 years ago

Well, I forgot to mail mine last week as I said I would, but I did mail them today (right on the deadline). So Michelle, they should be arriving in the next few days.

This will be fun - thanks again for coordinating it!

Lola

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Mine were sent today. The lady at the post office said you should have them Fri or Sat.

Mary

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello
    I got tuppermoms fabric yesterday, great selection and I just love the 2 for me they are going in my special box.
    thanks
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello
    lola yours are here
    I will get these sorted tonight and try to get them back to you tomarrow.
    great fabric everyone
    thanks
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello
    fat quarters are on the way sorry it took a little longer than I wanted it to. we had to spend most of last week in st. louis becouse my father in law needed a major back surgery so we went to help keep my mother in law company.

Miss rainy the post office could not accept the metered mail ticket, I have seen others have not been able to use them eather. they are good only for the day they are dated. so next time just send some stamps.

thanks everyone, great swap
    michelle

• imrainey
    13 years ago

Damn! The PO wouldn't take their own stoopid product?! Tell me what I owe you and Ill send it right off.

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Michelle

I rec'd my FQs today. I got a great selection to add to my stash. Thanks again for hosting and I look forward to the next swap.

Mary

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH