Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_in_va

Retreat Check-In, pls

jennifer_in_va
9 years ago

Hi everyone! Katherine & I got home to my house about 5:15. She'd have gotten to her house about 5:45. Had a light rain most of the way, but not horrible. Bypassed two bad backups on I-81, but otherwise made good time.

Please check in and let everyone know you made it home safely, please.

Had another great weekend at Retreat. Our time went by way too fast!

Until next year..... Jennifer

Comments (10)

• teresa_nc7
    9 years ago

My drive was 2 hours exactly in rain and fog, of course, but no problems. Our time seemed so short this year.....:o( But I really had a great time!

Teresa

• jackier123
    9 years ago

I made it after sitting an hour and a half on I40 just across the TN border and then bypassing another total closure of I40 in Knoxville. I was trying to figure out how to hook up my machine in the car since I was just sitting there with nothing to do, but since I didn't have a power converter, I read on my Kindle and ate my lunch.

• grammyp
    9 years ago

I just got home. Lots of rain, lots of wrecks, lots of road construction, but made it just fine.

Another great retreat, I always love it there. Jackie, I have 2 power converters, I will be glad to bring you one next year. My van has one built in, very handy.

beverly

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Rain, traffic, but no real issues in driving home...except the one quilt shop stop we made was disappointing...we only walked out with a few FQ's. K8 leaves in the morning...
    Wonderful time...let's this do this again real soon!
    V.

• polardream
    9 years ago

Tobey and I made it to Cincinnati about 6 pm tonight. Light rain and a little fog when we first started off, but pretty uneventful. The Blue Ridge Parkway was absolutely beautiful! We have decided we will start our trip next year by going to New England first, then meander down to Camp, and NOT LEAVE UNTIL NOON on Sunday! No commitments for us on Sunday night so I can stay and sew. The only bad thing was no radio coverage of my football game so Tobey had to keep asking Google what the score was - and my team won, so life is good!

It was a great retreat - thank you again for organizing it Jennifer! Let us know as soon as possible the dates for next year so I can put it on the calendar.

Sue, Tobey & Penny

• toolgranny
    9 years ago

Sue and I arrived at our homes about 10:30 ET so were pretty pooped. Flight went well, if you like sardines. Uneventful and then an hour ride by subway which soon filled with partygoers from some event in San Francisco. But, other than being tired, we fared well.

Thanks for all the fun. We must do this again soon.

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

I'm finally home too. Had a nice drive back to Baltimore with Valarie - she kept us alive through fog, rain and some heavy traffic. Had an excellent dinner with Val and her husband last night. Now I'm back home with the cats and will pick up the dogs this evening. DH Jim gets home from his trip tomorrow so by Tuesday night the family will be back together.

Had a great time! I finished two quilt tops and made the lotto blocks for October and the 3rd quarter leaf. Even got started on the November lotto block but ran out of steam the last night and couldn't finish that one.

Shopping, quilting, talking about quilting, planning more quilting, a fun road trip and time spent with friends - it doesn't get much better than that. And this Florida kid got to see some beautiful fall leaves, too!

Kate

• wendyfaye
    9 years ago

We had 2 long days of driving, but are home safe and sound now. Hope to see y'all again next year, same time, same place. :)

Faye

• Robbi D.
    9 years ago

Sorry, I'm just now getting back to the site. I got home safe and sound. I'm already planning next years trip :-)

Robbi

• polardream
    9 years ago

We arrived home LAST NIGHT!!! Of course, we took the scenic route home. Looking forward to next year.

Sue