Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amazingcm

Let's Brain Storm

amazingcm
10 years ago

Our School Has decided to do Super Heroes for our Halloween Theme.. They said do the typical if you must but be creative.. I want to go as a Super Quilter Type Hero.. So give me ideas..
I have my ideas in mind but would love to hear some others...
Thought this might be fun,

Comments (13)

• polardream
    10 years ago

So I Googled Super Hero Quilter images and this one came up ... just an idea.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Super Quilter hero- Missouri Star

• amazingcm
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ooh that is good I was thinking patchwork skirt with leggins.. But I like the ruffle on the leggins.. Thinking Wonder Quilter..

• grammyp
    10 years ago

What a great idea and the Super Quilter is a great visual. Love the Wonder Quilter theme, too.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Don't forget to have threads all over whatever you decide to wear.....and in your hair, too. :-)

I hope someone goes as a soldier......

SharonG/FL

• teresa_nc7
    10 years ago

I see a hair "do": get some super thin ribbons, cut in different lengths, tie them into your hair - all over your head! - call them "threads."

Drape a yellow tape measure around your neck.

Baste big patches on a skirt or pair of slacks and tack more "threads" on a sweater or top. You could pin some patches on with large safety pins. Run some big quilting stitches with yarn in areas on your sweater.

Find a large straw hat and glue on sewing notions, a red tomato pincushion, small scissors, a small ruler, etc. Tie on a colorful length of calico on the hat band with steamers down the back.

Call yourself the "Wonder Quilter."

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Teresa is describing us at Retreat after a few late nights ~LOL~
    Great idea! Make sure you send us a picture!

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Great ideas! I love this!

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Just read a post on facebook that showed pictures of female, "super heroes" like Amelia Erhart, Helen Keller, etc. There were photos of the women and then the little girls dressed up and with their hair the same. Amazing resemblances!
    LindaB/CA

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Linda, I love those female hero ideas. I recently saw that on facebook and was impressed.

If you want to stay with a sewing theme, how about the red tomato pincushion? Big red sweatshirt and black leggings or jeans. Thimble for a hat, pins, little strawberry on a cord around your neck. (Strawberry doubles as a prse!). Cape and cool boots to make it hero-like. Represent all the super hero moms who make kids' costumes at the last minute for school events.

Here is a link that might be useful: Example of tomato pincushion costume

• amazingcm
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Love the ideas.. I will post picture when I get it all together.. Have so many ideas and only one costume... Just like quilting...

• vacuumfreak
    10 years ago

How funny, I was just thinking how fun it would be to be a vacuum or sewing machine for Halloween... of course the shape of a vacuum lends itself more readily to being made into a costume than that of a sewing machine, but still, a sewing themed costume is great. I think I've found the perfect ear rings for you to wear :o)

What kind of super powers are you going to have? Thread a needle from across the room? Sew a million stitches per second? Hands transform into rotary cutters?

Here is a link that might be useful: The perfect ear rings for this costume!

• amazingcm
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My costume is ready Pictures will be coming on Thursday.. Thanks for all the cute ideas.. Found 4/5 yards of pillow panel fabric that was in a box of things that was given to me.. I would never have used it for anything not sure why I had even kept it.
    I guess it was for this purpose.. :)
    grace