Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canoe quilt

Posted by karpet (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 20, 11 at 17:51

This is a quilt I just finished, the pattern is called crossed-canoes. The fabrics for the blocks are a blueberry print, one with a cream background and the other with a black background.
Karlene

Here is a link that might be useful: Blueberry quilt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canoe quilt

This quilt pattern is on my list. I think yours is the prettiest I have seen - very good color and fabric choice. The contrast is perfect. I love it.
Thanks for posting the picture.

o

Oh nice! Might have to add this one to my list.

o

That's a very old, classic pattern and you've really done it justice. I love your color choices. Good job.

o

Very nice,Karlene. I like how there is a secondary pattern. Lovely color choice.
Sue

o

For some reason, I've come across a few of these lately, but for sure, your's is best!

SharonG/FL

o

I love it! Your color choices are great and I like the shading in the canoes. Nicely done!

Teresa

o

Karlene, what a lovely quilt. I love your choice of the same fabric patterns in different colorways. Very nice job.

o

Beautiful and fun!

o

Great job. Love the color choices for the classic pattern. TFS. jayne

o

Wonderful quilt. Lovely color shading. I like the border quilting.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Karlene, how pretty! I was familiar with the block, but I don't think I've seen a whole quilt of it. I really like it!

Donna

o

Thank you all. I found the 2 blueberry fabrics at a thrift store so I went looking for a pattern to use 2 fabrics in. Even though the print is small, it looked too busy to have the blocks side-by-side so I put the sashing in, and then I got excited about it when I added the borders - I'm not sure why, but working with those colors just made me happy.

o

Like Donna, I have seen the pattern, but have not seen a whole quilt done with it. I liked the patern quite a bit before, but seeing your quilt makes me sure this is something that I'd like to do "someday." Nice job!

o

Stunning !!

o

Very pretty quilt.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here