Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fran1523

To everyone going on retreat

fran1523
11 years ago

I hope you all have a fabulous time and that the weather is wonderful. You can't help but have a good time with all that uninterrupted sewing time. And I haven't even mentioned the food. I am taking a hiatus this year but will look forward to seeing pictures of the quilt show and of those people I've come to know so well. Travel safely everyone.

Fran

Comments (19)

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Thank you! I will miss you Fran. I hope you are getting settled and enjoying less responsibilities and up keep.
    More sewing time!

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

Yes, I'll miss you, too. You know Bev, there will be pictures! So, keep an eye on us and let us know if we're doing anything wrong.

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Does anyone know if there is wifi at the camp? perhaps I could pack the laptop for pic posting to the forum. It's a thought...
    V.

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

If their infrastructure is not damaged from storms, we have internet access. Cell service is not as reliable. I like to stay connected :~)

• vacuumfreak
    11 years ago

Yes safe travels to everyone! I know you will have a good time.... I went looking through the archives to find pictures of past retreats. I felt like I was right there.... nobody ever looks the way you imagine them to, though!

I dream of going on a retreat sometimel but things like jobs and pets do create a hindrance!

Have a blast everyone, and please post lots of pics!

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Enjoy, what more can anyone say. Will be looking forward to hearing all the details and seeing the pictures. Especially looking forward to meeting Kristine and Jean when they stop in Canandaigua following thier adventure at retreat.

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone! Hopefully, each and every one of you will get to experience a retreat of some sort, at some point in your quilting career. There's nothing like it!

There is wifi at camp, though last year it was sketchy because of recent storm damage. Prior years it was strong. There will already be at least a few laptops at camp which are usually available for others to check emails, etc. Beverly is our resident forum updater, with a few others helping out along the way.

Cell service works best down on the balcony of the dining hall. Some have had success in our sewing space, some not. It's a really good excuse to be out of touch, especially with responsibilities of home ;0

• polardream
    11 years ago

Fran, you will be missed! Hopefully you will be able to come next year! I just packed my carry-on bag with my sewing machine and lots of projects!!! No sewing tomorrow. It is so much fun - looking forward to seeing everyone!
    Sue

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

We will miss you, Fran! Start now to plan for next year! Ha!

Teresa

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

I sure wish everyone on the board could make it. What fun that would be :-)

I won't miss the phone not working, but my family might! I'll bring my iPad which my dd will hate me for, but I know she will survive. I'll also bring a camera. It actually lives in my purse, but I'm sure I'll need to bring the charger for it.

I'm getting very excited!! Last minute prep tonight then packing tomorrow.

Robbi

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

I wish everyone could be there too! People who don't belong to a community like this forum can't imagine how connected you can feel to people you've never met in person. I would like to be able to put a face to every name!

• lola99
    11 years ago

Oh, I'd like to add my best wishes to everyone going to the retreat as well. Have a wonderful time. I'll be thinking about you this weekend.

Safe travels everyone.

Lola

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

This is my first year going YEAH!!! My sis from CA usually visits around the same time as the retreat.

I am so looking forward to meeting everyone! I joined in 2006 and enjoy our forum so much!
    Rosa

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Maybe one day I will get to the GW Quilters retreat. I guess I will just have to be happy with going on my guild retreats....we have one coming up in Nov. and another in April.

If Kristene and Jean know when they will be in Niagara Falls it would be great to meet you!

• lindaoh_gw
    11 years ago

Best wishes for a wonderful quilting retreat! I would love to attend some year but Oct. is a always a very busy month for me.
    We want to see lots of pictures and hear of all your quilting adventures at the retreat! Have fun!!!
    Linda OH

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

thanks all for your good wishes...this is my first year on the GW, first for the monthly lotto and first quilt retreat... nothing like jumping in with all your paws!
    V.

• bev2009
    11 years ago

I hope everyone has a safe and fab time. I so wish I was going so I could meet all of you. Maybe next year! Can't wait to see all the pics.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

I'm really looking forward to the pics too. Those of us in the "cheap seats" will at least feel a bit of the excitement. Have a wonderful time.
    LindaB/CA

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

We will miss those who can't attend this year and hope you can make it another time. I will especially miss my traveling buddy, Carol. (Carol, watch for picutres!)

Tuppermom, Kristene and I expect to be in Niagara Falls on Mon., Oct. 29th.

Jeanne