Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sophie's quilt top

Posted by loisf (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 20, 11 at 16:30

My granddaughter loves orange and yellow, so here is her Christmas present. The quilt will be 45"x60" and will have a Minky backing in a color called "Mango." I'm taking it to a long-arm quilter this week for an overall pattern. I'm so excited to have it finished. I can't wait to give it to her.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sophie's quilt top

This is so beautiful! Sophie will love it ~ you have to keep this a secret for a long time~lol. The colors are gorgeous.
Make sure your longarmer has experience quilting with Minky.
Ask about her experience specifically quilting with Minky as a backing. How many quilts? Ask for pictures. Take a piece of the Minky with you.
Please post a picture after it is quilted! Thank you.

o

that's wonderful. I love those batiks. She'll just love it.

o

Lois, You put those colors together beautifully!!! She'll love it!!!

SharonG/FL

o

Your GD will be so thrilled with your beautiful quilt & the minky back will be loved each time she uses it.You did a great job putting your colors together, I like the balance you achieved. Congratulations. TFS. Jayne

o

Ahh, she'll love it. The colors are wonderful. TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Very pretty! Can't wait to see it quilted.

Donna

o

Lovely quilt for a special Christmas present! Your fabric choices are wonderful!

Teresa

o

Hi Lois,

What a wonderful job you did on this, so bright & cheery, a happy combination of those colors & batiks. What a great present & your GD is sure to be delighted, well done!

I DO hope you'll come back w/ more pix after it's bound & quilted.

o

Thanks for the great support from all of you generous women. I will post a photo of it when it's completed... maybe one of Sophie with her quilt too.

o

Wow, I love your quilt top. It is so bright and happy looking. TFS Lola

o

Great cheery colors and I love that pattern, too. I have a thing for star patterns.

o

LOVE IT, what a cheerful quilt. And with a Minke back, it will be so cuddly. I know she will be so very happy.

beverly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here