Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

Applique! Cute BOM quilt!

teresa_nc7
12 years ago

This might make even ME want to do applique!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bunny Hill Designs free BOM

Comments (14)

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Teresa, that is cute! I like Bunny Hill's patterns. I have a BOM of bunnies saved for "some day." LOL

Donna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

How cute!!! I like the background block idea.

SharonG/FL

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

I don't need another project right now, but I printed it out for future use. It is sooo cute!!

Thanks,
    Robbi

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

I saved it too. Maybe that will be the next one. I am an applique fanatic and I like the country look. Thanks, Teresa.

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

I've been saving them. I saw a finished quilt in difffernt colors and it was really cute.

My machine applique eeally needs work lol! When I do this one I may do it as a QAYG.
    Rosa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

I don't need another project either, especially since I'm on the 6th block of Applique in a Day.....which really isn't.

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    12 years ago

CUTE! It may get me started, too. Thanks for the link.

beverly

• murphy_zone7
    12 years ago

Too cute. Thanks for sharing the link. I've never done a BOM but maybe next year....
    Murphy

• new2quilting
    12 years ago

Her BOMs are cute. The flickr site shows how they look in different fabrics, which is fun to see.

I just finished the top for 2010's Bunny Hill snowbound (needs ironing and quilting!). The snowmen are all wool felt, all machine appliques and hand embroidered. It will get more buttons and embellishments after quilting. I chose to do a standard sashing instead of the Irish Chain in the pattern.

I'm still working on the Tisket Tasket BOM of hers from 2009! I have through July done, will by very happy when I finally get that one done!

I choose not to do this year's (partially because I had two unfinished UFO BOMs), and to me the background was too busy, but I saved the patterns in case I ever need a cute squirrel!

• Gracecreates
    12 years ago

I like those blocks. I am new to this site and hope to learn how to get my quilts up on it. I have to get some ink and print those patterns. Right now I also have a few projects in the making going on. thank you Grace

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    12 years ago

new2, love that Snowbound quilt! The red used with the blue background makes it a seasonal quilt - not just for the Christmas holidays. When I saw Snowbound on the web site, I thought "now that's an applique quilt I could love!"

Well done!
    Teresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

I thought I had posted about the Snowbound quilt but don't see it. I really like the quilt.....snowmen are as versatile as SunBonnet Sue.....love snowmen but only when I'm inside looking out. @:)

SharonG/FL

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

I remember your Snowmen BOM from when we were trying to do an organized BOM here! You finished yours-yay! They are adorable, and I really like your simple sashing.

Teresa, the squirrel BOM is very cute - but the squirrels here are a huge nuisance - they keep trying to raise their families in my attic - I hate squirrels!! lol

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

LOL!!! We had so many squirrels in Florida and it was a riot watching DH figure out a way to keep them from the bird seed. When he finally found a pole that they couldn't climb up they started jumping at the feeder from the fence!

Love the snowmen, I saved them and really want to make that one. But I also like the squirrel QUILT lol!!!!
    Rosa