Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loisflan

I guess they don't quilt much in Italy

loisflan
11 years ago

At least, they don't buy much fabric in Italy.

My daughter and I checked into our hotel in Florence, Italy, and would you believe it, a half a block away was a little fabric and yarn shop called Agomago. They had wonderful yarn and what must have been the complete color line of Aurifil thread, but you can see in the photo that their fabric selection was small, to say the least. Almost all the fabric was Moda. Evidently, no quilting fabric is made in Italy, so I wasn't tempted to buy any and carry it around with me. They had little packs of eight pieces of fabric that were cut into quarter of a fat quarter pieces, in other words, about 9" by 10.5", that were being sold for 11 euros, or about $14. That was $28 a yard. Yikes! They also had fat quarters, which is kind of funny because Italy, like the rest of the world except the US, is on the metric system.

We had a wonderful time on our trip. If anyone is interested, you can read my daughter's blog at www.lisaloieitaly.blogspot.com. She's quite a good writer (of course, this is her mom speaking). I'm much thinner and younger than the photos. Damn camera. It's good to be home. I've read all the posts, but I don't know who won the September lotto. Was it someone at the retreat? It sounds like you all had a wonderful time at Camp Cheerio.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts