Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Group name, another forum challenge

grammyp
9 years ago

The Y-guides have their Father/daughter/son camp the same time we are there and it is great fun to watch them interact. Since we could not hang the quilts out this year, some of them came to visit and see them. One of the dads (whom I unsuccessfully tried to bribe for a vote) has challenged us to come up with a name for our group. We do have table names (Wii Quilters, Runs with Scissors, Dances with Wools and Piece Makers),

but no tribe name. So here is a challenge, we will accept nominations on this thread until next Sunday night. Then I will start a voting thread. We have a few already, so feel free to add yours.

Quilters Without Borders
Sew What's
Cheerio Quilters
Loose Threads

I think there were a couple more suggested at camp, but can't think of them right now. If you had one, please add it to the list.

beverly

Comments (14)

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

A few more suggestions to go along with the 4 we already have:

- Quilty Pleasure Quilters
    - Thread Heads
    - Web Line Quilters (as a tie in to 'Garden Web', plus we could use a tiny hand-stitched spider web as our good luck symbol, like on the old crazy quilts)
    - Wandering Stitchers (not everyone makes it to Retreat, but we probably ALL have a few stitches go astray!)

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

Wears Threads Proudly
    Feed Dogs Down
    Plays with Tension
    Material Girls

• nannykins
    9 years ago

In stitches!
    Theresa

• jackier123
    9 years ago

The Loose Knots
    Sewing one on
    Undercover Stitchers

• jackier123
    9 years ago

Dropped Stitches

• teresa_nc7
    9 years ago

These are all great suggestions, but I like Kate's Web Line Quilters for the reference to the GardenWeb from whence we originated and the spider web logo which signifies "the Web" and the symbol for good luck on Crazy Quilts.

Well done, K8!
    Teresa

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

Thanks Teresa! I googled "Web Line Quilters" and didn't find any other groups with that name, so it would be unique to us. Although there are lots of spider web related quilt patterns!

It's not as cute as some of the camp's Princess tribe names though, like Thunder Bunnies (my favorite!), Ferocious Fireflies, Ragin' Rainbows or Social Butterflies.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

How about Thread Webs.

beverly

• nanajayne
    9 years ago

Roving rippers.

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

I'm partial to the association to the garden web, so the first two noted below from k8 and Bev are contenders for me:
    Web line quilters
    Thread Webs....
    I'll throw in:
    Quilty webs or Quilty Webber's,
    The Web Piece-Makers ( a tie to the GW and table names from camp)

V.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

I really like Thread Heads since I always have thread on me somewhere, but Thread Webs sounds close if a reference to GardenWeb is desired. Hmmmm Thread Web Squares (say that 3 times real fast) lol

SharonG/FL

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

I really like the cute tribal names the Princesses call themselves.

As much as I like a nod to GW - the use of the word 'web' makes me think of spooky Halloween & icky spiders and spiderwebs -- especially since we are at camp in October. I think the significance of the internet will be lost on the other 'tribes'.

We need to think like a 9 year old & come up with something that makes a cool and playful statement like their names. ~LOL~

Maybe like:

Stitching Divas
    or anything with Divas in the name

We need some more creative ideas.

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

The kids and their dads understood the internet connection and that we all met online. Even little kids are pretty tech savvy - although they would probably call it 'net' instead of 'web'.

Whatever we choose should be gender neutral. We don't have any men as active members right now but we have had in the past.

Thread Webs?
    Web Threads?

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

How about:

Thread Chasers, or
    Collective Threads

Best to you all,
    Sandra

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews