Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? Oct. 17-20

lindaoh_gw
9 years ago

I want to spend the weekend in my sewing room. I don't know if that will happen though. Since we moved, I have been busy with life events that are keeping me from sewing. But that is the reason we moved, to spend more time with family. Last weekend I was able to sew all Sunday afternoon and made a small pumpkin wall hanging from start to finish.
Are you quilting or sewing this weekend?
Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Pumpkin Wall Hanging and Fall Leaves

Comments (20)

• ritaweeda
    9 years ago

I just made the binding for the Bear's Paw quilt which I finally finished FMQing today!! So looks like sewing on the binding is in store which I don't mind because it will be FINALLY FINISHED! (I actually like the binding part.)

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

Yard work, a neighborhood dinner and a wedding reception are all on the list for me this weekend. Doesn't seem like I'll have much time to sew but I sure would like to!

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Cute hanging, Linda! I hope you get to spend the weekend in your room. :)

Woohoo, Rita! I'm so glad you finished your FMQ. Can't wait to see the quilt!

Kate, you are such a social butterfly. LOL Have a great weekend.

I hope to squeeze in some sewing time. Tomorrow pm we are going to a BD open house for a friend and Sunday is DH's BD. His group is singing at 3 church services so he'll be at church all morning. I think his dad is coming to church so we'll probably have lunch and visiting in the pm.

Applying for jobs online is taking up a considerable amount of my time right now. By the time I work on the computer all day then spend a couple of hours on the computer at home, I mostly just want to veg in front of the TV, so I haven't been getting any hand work done.

Oh, yeah, the house is badly in need of cleaning, too. Rats.

Donna

• wanda_va
    9 years ago

I hope to spend time in the studio--I have five quilts in progress. One just needs the hand-stitching on the back of the binding, so hopefully I will finish that one...then there will only be four in progress. So many quilts...so little time.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Wow, Linda, good job in getting your cute wall hanging done all in one session!

I've been playing around making potholders but have a quilt ready to sew the backing on so hope to finish that this week-end. I also bought 3 fleece blankets (50 x 60) today for $2.88 each and plan to use them for backings on some charity quilts so need to see which ones they'll fit and get them done in time to send out West for Christmas.

SharonG/FL

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Sounds like everyone is busy, busy...
    I hope DH and I make the run to a Home Depot or lowes for supplies for my spray basting wall...DH keeps threatening to finish it...it's easy to do..it's just the doing!
    I've also have the bug to make a new top I saw on Freshly Pieced, the chandelier quilt...I'd like to make at least one block.
    Add that plus the November block and the weekend will have some sewing, some household chores and poof...it will be Monday !
    V.

• bev2009
    9 years ago

Linda, I see life is different after the move, but how lovely its family taking up your time. Your grandkids will really have a chance to know you.

Rita and Wanda, hope you post pics of your quilts.

DH and I gardened at church today for 2 1/2 hours. 50 degrees and raining. We came home soaked to the skin. Hot chocolate, hot shower, flannels, nap and to my sewing room I went. Got the blocks sewn into rows for DD depression quilt.

Tomorrow driving to a friend's deceased parents' home for a pre-garage sale after church. (They lived both lived to late 80's.) I believe she was a knitter so DD is hoping for some yarn. It's 1 1/2 hours away so that will take most of the day. Would love to get some rows sewn together tomorrow night.

• ritaweeda
    9 years ago

Bev, I stopped posting photos when GW started linking to Facebook, Pinterest, etc. Although I don't have anything to hide, I realized I had no privacy rights to my photos posted here and no control on the fact that others can re-post to other sights. I happened across a couple of my photos while Googling images on a particular quilt block design that had migrated to another sight from this one and decided to stop. Again, I'm not trying to hide anything but I also want to be able to control where and when they show up. It's just my own way of protesting the loss of our control over our lives with all this new technology.

• wanda_va
    9 years ago

I made a lot of progress yesterday--finished one top, and did the backing and cut the batting for 3 of the quilt tops, so they are all ready for the long-arm.

This is the one that (still) needs the binding finished...

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Wow, Wanda, that's really pretty! I love the black and purple - they really set off the beautiful compasses. Great job!

I'm working on borders for my BIL's quilt. I didn't get any sewing in yesterday. I cleaned the house all morning then we went to celebrate a friend's birthday. Today is DH's birthday. He's at church now, but I think his dad is coming over for lunch.

Donna

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Wanda, that is simply stunning!
    Theresa

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

Wanda, I love that quilt! I'm trying to figure out the sashing, but just can't...

I have gotten binding made for four quilts. And I'm now working on the Dec. lotto block.

This afternoon I plan on hitting an Arts & Crafts show at the Expo Center.

• toolgranny
    9 years ago

I'm in cleanup mode. I have so many projects going that are nearly finished. I put the borders on my applique quilt yesterday and can take it off the design wall now. No idea when it will get quilted.

Then I finished last row of blocks on the retreat quilt and started the borders. That should be finished by end of today.

I started two "quilt-lets" that will be Xmas presents. Small and fast is my new motto! I don't dare start anything new till I finish up some of this stuff and make more room in here.

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

Wanda I love your compass quilt!!! Where did you get your compass patterns? This weekend I am working on my cousin's butterfly baby quilt.

Best to you all,
    Sandra

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

Wanda,

Spectacular!

• teresa_nc7
    9 years ago

This weekend I have sandwiched two baby quilts and now I'm working on the quilt for Leonardo, my grand-nephew in Brazil. I started this when he was born and now he is almost 3! I hit a snag in the quilt that bothered me and so I put it aside. Today I'm finishing the applique on the sailboats and then the top will be done! Lucky for me the quilt is big enough for a 3 year old.

Thursday after work I'm going back up to Beech Mt. with my Round Robin quilting buddies for a long weekend of quilting. Woo-hoo!

Teresa

• wanda_va
    9 years ago

Jennifer, the corner blocks are made up of 36 blocks (6 across, 6 down) (finished at 1" each), with alternating colors. The sashing is 12" long by 6" wide, and is comprised of a 3" wide black strip, 1" wide purple; 1" wide black; 1" wide purple (all are finished sizes).

Sandra, several of the compass patterns came from this site: https://www.countryregister.com/crpublishers/kansas/kansas-compass-collection-quilt-blocks.html

The others came from this site: http://www.oregoncoastalquilters.org/blocks.htm

Thanks for the compliments...it was a fun quilt to make because I like paper piecing projects.

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Wanda...Very dramatic, the black really sets off the beauty of your paper piecing stars...just lovely.
    V.

• teresa_nc7
    9 years ago

Oops! I meant to congratulate you, Wanda, on your gorgeous quilt! That is stunning - almost makes me want to do some paperpiecing. Guess I need to go fondle some fabric until that temptation passes. LOL!

Teresa

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

Thank you bunches Wanda! I will check out the sites. Again it's a really beautiful quilt that you made!!

Best to you and thanks bunches,
    Sandra