Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WooHoo, we are on!

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 8, 13 at 14:24

The Forest Service just called and in light of the small turnout we expect, and the fact that the run starts and ends on city property and not in the national forest, we can proceed with the run. Had they said no, we were planning on refunding those who had prepaid and putting up a sign explaining our situation and just asking for donations. Several people had contacted us and said they planned on coming and paying that morning and there would be no way of reaching everyone who might be planning to come. We have timers, shirts, medals, food, drink, and prizes ready to go, so we were gonna do something. So glad they agreed to let us do it. Now just gotta get the markers put out and registration packets put together.

This will be our hurrah as trail run coordinators.

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WooHoo, we are on!

Good job. Bet you are glad to pass this on to someone else for next year.

o

WhoooHOoo!! Way to keep it all together! I'm sure you would have come up with something if absolutely necessary, but glad it has all worked out for you.

o

Glad to hear all came out for the best! Looking forward to seeing the pics of winners with their winning quilts!
V.

o

Yea! Good for you!

o

So glad it worked out!
Sue

o

Yes, glad it is going to work!
Theresa

o

Glad it worked out for you that would have been disappointing. Good show.

o

So glad it all worked out!
LindaB/CA

o

Great job Beverly. Glad authorities came to their senses.

Kristene

o

wonderful news!

o

Hopefully, now, you won't get rained out! We're feeling like ducks today! We've had steady rain for 2 days and are beginning to float.

o

Yay! Now she deserves her wall hanging!!!!
Monsoon weather here! It is raining in sheets sideways!
Hope you have clear skies.

o

No rain in the forecast till next Wed, so we should be good there. I have shirts sorted, posters done, quilts ready, registration packets ready, rest stop supplies sorted and packed, end of race supplies packed, time clock picked up, medals on ribbons and ready to present, and pound cake & banana nut muffins baked. All that is left is change for the registration table and ice.

Tomorrow I go to work so I can rest.
beverly

o

Beverly, Glad this worked out for you and Tim. You both deserve medals for what you've accomplished this year. Next year, maybe all you'll have to do is make the quilts and bake. :-)

SharonG/FL

o

Thanks everyone. Got home from work about 8 and Sara helped me load the van. Everything but the clock (battery is charging) and the signs are packed and ready to go. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

beverly

o

Hope everything went well, yesterday, Beverly! I'm sure you & Tim were hostests with the mostests!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here