Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? Oct. 24-26

lindaoh_gw
9 years ago

I haven't been in my sewing room most of the week. We FINALLY!!! closed on the old house. We had to make a trip back home on Tuesday to sign papers and collect our check. It really hadn't been on the market that long but we were given 4 different dates for the closing before it actually happened.
I worked in my sewing room this morning, putting away things that I carried up from the garage. I think I have everything thing in the room now. I am going to work on the block of the month row if I can find it. I know I started it a couple of weeks ago but can't find it now. So frustrating!
Are you quilting or sewing this weekend?
Linda OH

Comments (17)

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Woohoo, Linda! Congratulations on closing on the house. Now you can work on getting settled in. Hope that BOM turns up soon!

I plan to sew. As far as I know we don't have any plans other than church Sunday morning. I finished my Strip Twist top Tuesday and the backing fabric came Wednesday, so I'm ready to load it on the frame.

Donna

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

Glad all went well with closing on your old house Linda. I am working on the butterfly baby quilt this weekend, ... am almost done hand-quilting it.

Best to you all,
    Sandra

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

I have bindings ready to put on 4 quilts, so maybe I'll get to some of that.

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Good for you Linda...glad things are "officially " settling down.

I'm torn on what to play with... I have two sandwiched and ready for quilting, four tops to be sandwiched and a terrible itch to start a new project....what to do?!?!?
    V.

• polardream
    9 years ago

Congrats Linda! I have been gathering fabric for the November lotto and hope to finish that block this weekend. I also need to sandwich a king size quilt I told my mom I would quilt for her (am I nuts???). I'll do it because I love her!!! :)
    The frustration is we are having record high temperatures in Colorado for October - 80s - so I really have some work I need to finish outside. Once done ... back to sewing.
    Sue

• toolgranny
    9 years ago

I'm playing catch up and clean up. All these tops sitting around can't be used by anyone if I don't drag them out and get them quilted. This is one I sent out just to have it done. Put the binding on it today. Not my favorite but it was a class I took some time ago and I need to pass it on to a kid or a charity.

I'm putting borders on another old top and will send a box off to the longarmer this week. The retreat quilt I made is in that same box and will post those when they come back and get bound. I love being able to see the tops of the furniture again. And my big quilting frame makes a nice bench to stack projects as I go.

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Tool granny, that's a neat pattern! Someone will really love it.

Donna

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I found my BOM and finished the row this afternoon. I'm still trying to remember where I put things in the new room. I will remember unpacking an item but then I have to locate it again.
    One item that I have lost is a cookbook. I found it and used it when all the kids were home for the weekend and haven't been able to find it since then.
    Linda OH

• ritaweeda
    9 years ago

Toolgranny, I love the colors in that quilt. Linda, congrats on finalizing your sale. As for lost items, we've been here 9 years and still haven't located things. Still have things packed up. After all the stuff we got rid of, who knows - I might have given things away and forgotten about them. It took almost 3 years of blank walls before I hung the first picture, the clean slate was so refreshing after the move from a house we'd lived in for 35 years, jammed with accumulated stuff down to the last inch of space. Just goes to show that we have a lot more stuff than we really need.

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Toolgranny, I like that quilt, something about the colors and pattern really appeals to me, yet I would never select that as an option...until now.
    I think I need to find a long armer...that may be the only way to get some of the tops completed!
    V.

• teresa_nc7
    9 years ago

I'm up at Beech Mt. NC with my Round Robin group and I brought two quilts to machine quilt and bind. I'm almost finished quilting the first baby quilt but I've had big problems with my Viking when machine quilting. My friend Keren brought two machines to the mountains, so I'm using her Baby Lock to quilt.

We're having a great time and the weather is sunny and cool!

Teresa

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Sounds like fun, Teresa! I wish the shop would call and say my Baby Lock is fixed. :( I miss it! Though Big Brother is keeping me going.

I have no motivation to sew. When the dryer is done DH & I are going out to lunch (FIVE GUYS!!!! YES!!!) then to Lowe's and Beall's. Maybe by the time we get home I'll feel like quilting.

Donna

• bev2009
    9 years ago

Sandra, looking forward to seeing a pic.

Sue, I Skyped with DD with morning and she seems to be enjoying the warmer temps.:)

Ritaweeda, sounds like we have the same experience. It took forever to get rid of everything we moved to the new house that I didn't want anymore....I guess it is an ongoing activity really. I still feel like my house is "new" after nine years and am still putting things up on the walls. Like you, I like a sparser wall.

Off to do some yard work on this lovely weekend, Bible study tonight. I definitely want to get to the sewing room and finish the top for DD's depression block quilt. Then it would be fun to see if I could pull enough fabric for the falling charms throw for the family room.....or sew together the quickie wall hanging from another Lotto winning....or maybe do both. (Obviously I've had too much coffee...shouldn't have made the second pot. LOL) I'll try and post pics I received from my sister of the two quilts in the old cedar chest she inherited.

• wanda_va
    9 years ago

toolgranny, I really like that quilt! I love the colors. Congrats, Linda, on the house closing.

I just completed this quilt for my cousin, a few minutes ago. (The writing is Bible verses.) I still have several in various stages of completion. So many ideas, so much fabric, so little time!

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

I have bindings ready to put on 4 quilts, so maybe I'll get to some of that.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

I got the 49 X 60 split 9-patch birthed, pin basted and ready to quilt today.

SharonG/FL

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

I'm not quilting but I am working in the sewing room. I decided I needed sturdier legs on my cutting table, so after a trip to IKEA, it's done! MUCH less wobbly than it was and more room for storage underneath too. Now I have to sort through everything that was under the table before - and everything that was on top of the table - and decide what goes back in and what goes to Goodwill.

Sponsored
Town & Country Pools, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Discover the Best Pool Builder in Virginia, Maryland & DC!