Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosajoe_gw

Have Fun At The Retreat

rosajoe_gw
12 years ago

I know all of the retreaters will be very busy the next few days so have a safe trip.

Linda just take fresh underwear and no one will care lol!!!

Keep us posted and take plenty of pics.

I hope next year I can join you all of the posts and pics look like you are having a wonderful time each year.

And Sharon keeps secrets extremely well lol!!!!!

green eyed Rosa

Comments (9)

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

Thanks, Rosa!

We do have a great time at our annual quilting retreat at Camp Cheerio! This is the biggest group yet - so I guess the word is finally getting out. It is a good distance to travel for many of our members, but the camp is such a great place for this kind of retreat and very reasonably priced.

Maybe someone here wants to take on the challenge of organizing a retreat in another area of the country? Or in Canada? As I am the person who found Camp Cheerio, I can give you a few pointers:

~ venue needs to have sleeping facilities for 8 to 15 quilters and maybe a few private rooms for couples

~ meals provided are a plus; less time will be taken from sewing and members will have a real vacation if they don't have to cook or do dishes

~ venue needs to have a large space to set up tables and chairs (provided by the venue) for sewing, cutting, laying out quilts to sandwich, and playing games; this space would ideally be separate from other groups and we must be able to lock it up for security

~ venue needs to be reasonably priced so more members will participate.

Places are out there....you just need to be willing to spend time surfing the internet to find them and maybe driving to check them out!

Safe travels to all who are driving and/or flying to Camp Cheerio in the coming week. Make sure you have some cell phone numbers of other campers just in case!

Teresa

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

And, remember we are all taking laptops and cameras. So, you will get a blow-by-blow I'm sure. As far as the forum is concerned, we'll respond like we've never left home.

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I would love to be there with you all this year and plan on making it happen next year. Would Florida be a good place for a retreat? Maybe in February or March?

Kate

• grammyp
    12 years ago

We will certainly take and post lots of pictures so everyone can join the fun.

Teresa did a fantastic job finding Camp Cheerio. We have YMCA camps here, but not like this one! No pizza and fries here, we get roasted vegetables and smoked pork.

I would love to attend one in another part of the country if anyone is interested in doing one.

beverly

• rosajoe_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I think it would Kate!!

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Planes fly to Florida, too. As long as I can get to the airport, I can come to any retreat. But, I don't do Minnesota in winter (sorry Ginny).

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

I seriously doubt we can beat what Camp Cheerio offers - except warmer weather. @:)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Are you there yet? Are you there yet? Are you there yet? Not til late afternoon, eh?

• gininmn
    12 years ago

Predicted weather sounds good. National Weather Service forecast for the area:
    This Afternoon: Sunny, with a high near 69. Southeast wind between 3 and 7 mph.
    Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 47. Calm wind.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 73. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph.
    Friday Night: Clear, with a low around 45. East wind around 8 mph.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 70. East wind around 7 mph.
    Saturday Night: Clear, with a low around 49.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 70.
    Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53.

Columbus Day: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67.
    Monday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Have a great time everyone!

Sponsored
Steadfast Construction
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Arlington County's Experienced Custom Deck Builder I Best of Houzz