Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for pattern name/instructions

Posted by bloomorelse (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 12:29

Not sure where I found the pic of this quilt, but can't figure out how to piece it, without cutting the long pieces in 2, kinda like a log cabin block. It looked simple when I saved the picture.

Is there a name to this pattern? I looked for stained glass, but have never came across this one again.

Joan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for pattern name/instructions

I am not sure of the name of the pattern but the only challenge would be the partial seams that are necessary for the construction.
It appears that the rectangle blocks are bordered on the long sides with a 1 1/2 strip of black. The square size is the width of the rectangle. I am not sure that all the rec, have equal strip borders. There seem to be 1 1/2 setting strips between the blocks.
I am sure others will have better inf. but that is my take from the picture.

o

It looks to me like you would add the narrow black strips to one edge of the colored rectangles, then construct it like the Bright Hopes block (see link below). Then you would add the narrow black sashing between the blocks.

Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: Bright Hopes block

o

Thanks Donna. That looks exactly like the quilt block in the pic, minus the black strips. Just thought it would be a way to use up some of my left over pieces from other quilting projects.

Joan

o

Got this top done and thought I'd show it to you. Now to quilt it. Not sure what to hand quilt in it. Any suggestions welcome.

o

I like to hand quilt, ... I think I would keep it simple and do echo quilting in the grey & black and then maybe do a decorative stitch (like stencil a design and then embroider it) in the white blocks to really make them pop.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

That is a beautiful quilt!
Theresa

o

I keep calling it SITD, but it's probably echoing, as my lines are about 1/4" from the seems. Thinking of maybe a variagated grey thread. I have done a Queen with a free hand meandering. I'd kinda like to do loops, but not sure I could free hand that so it would look even. The centre blocks are actually not white, but a soft grey with small grey dots.

o

Great way of putting your left over pieces together!

SharonG/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here