Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quilters' 'vitamins'

Posted by teresa_nc7 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 13, 10 at 12:17

I just opened a pack of peanut M&Ms - a treat from one of the quilters at the retreat - and found a note on the back labeled "quilters' vitamins" - " take one or two tablets to relieve backache, eyestrain and pain caused by overuse of hand and wrist, etc. Vitamins are also helpful in relieving needle sticks and the frustration of rotary cutters that don't cut straight. These vitamins promote mathematical accuracy and the mental acuity necessary for setting perfect points. Side effects include the inability to resist a new pattern or notion, increased appetite for fat quarters, and a sudden loss of storage space. Avoid prolonged exposure to "End of Bolt" sales during the use of this product. Not recommended for anyone who completes more than 6 quilts a week." LOL!

Sorry Jennifer, but you can't take these "vitamins" - especially since you are in that "delicate" condition! LOL! (I lose track of how many quilts she completes at our retreats!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quilters' 'vitamins'

Teresa, I love it! I knew those peanut M&Ms were making me feel better! LOL

Donna

o

Too late, Teresa! I took those vitamins on my trip home! LOL

And I didn't really complete that many quilts at retreat this year. One top (tessallating kitties) minus the borders; binding sewn on another (completed last retreat); 2 pairs pj bottoms; 1 pillow case; 1 block for camp quilt, and 10 one-block quilts (but then these were only 2" each)

Doesn't seem really that productive... guess I have high standards!

o

Another reason to feed my chocolate addiction! Love it, LOL!!

o

Teresa, Uh-oh....I see Quilter's Vitimins in my future. lol

Yes, Jennifer, you make high standards for yourself! You're a go-getter, that's for sure!

SharonG/FL-IN

o

What a concept...I like it!

o

I was the one who brought the Quilter's Vitamins. Can't take total credit for the idea. Several years ago someone in a quilting class handed something similar out to all of us in the class. I thought it was really cute then -- so glad you enjoyed them!
Jeanne

o

Thank you, Jeanne! I enjoyed my "vitamins" and felt sooooo good afterwards!

Teresa

o

Yes, thank you Jeanne. I'm feeling so much better already.

o

Well, that explains a lot. Tim ate mine.

beverly

o

Rip hadn't eaten them yet, so I got them from the goodie bag to see what it said,and had a good chuckle. Very clever. Think I'll save it for my group here in FL as a welcome back treat.
Marge

o

simple pleasures!!! lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here