Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mary_c_gw

I won!!

mary_c_gw
10 years ago

Surprised the heck out of me!

I won the September basket of quilting goodies from APQS! I have to fill out an affidavit of eligibility, have it notarized and send it back.

Woohoo! I am excited!

And there's still time to enter if you wish. In fact, you can enter daily. They are giving away a basket a month, and in December, giving away a long-arm system.

Here is a link that might be useful: APQS Giveaway

Comments (23)

• lola99
    10 years ago

YEA!!!! That is good karma; you have always been so nice about telling everyone about the contest, you deserve to have won. But still that is pretty amazing, the odds have to be pretty small. Now I'd like to see you win a new long-arm! Anyway, congratulations. :)

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

And be sure to show us you basket of stuff when it arrives! Congratulations!

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Congratulations!

• loisflan
    10 years ago

How fun, Mary. I don't blame you for being excited. I just entered again. Thanks for the info.

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

Wonderful. I hope it has lots of goodies. Please show us what you get. It's so exciting. Maybe one of us will win some time....

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

How cool it that! Do show us your basket of goodies and CONGRATULATIONS!
    V.

• chickie1
    10 years ago

Good for you! Yes you have to show us your goodies!

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Good for you!

beverly

• petalpatsy
    10 years ago

Oh congratulations and good for you!

• wanda_va
    10 years ago

Congratulations! You certainly deserve to win. Maybe this is payback for all those beautiful QOV quilts you have made, and all the other nice things you do for people. It makes me happy to see something nice happen to someone nice. Please share pictures!

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Yippee Mary! I was thinking the same as Wanda--so happy you won!
    I can't wait to see your basket of goodies~you must still be giddy!
    Congratulations!!!!

• lindaoh_gw
    10 years ago

Congratulations! I can't wait to see your prize. I was notified that I won a prize on the Moda blog âÂÂMeasure Twice, Cut Onceâ ruler extravaganza.
    I'm not sure which ruler I won so it will be a nice surprise when it arrives.
    Linda OH

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Good for you Linda!! ...

It must be time for quilt forum members to win!
    -Mary won the APQS
    -You've won a Moda prize... and
    -Redmary won the Sept lotto (first time participant)

V.

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

Congratulations! Enjoy!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• susan_on
    10 years ago

Congratulations! That is fabulous!

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Isn't it great when someone you know has won something! Congrats to all the winners.
    Theresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

ConGratz to all the winners......

SharonG/FL

• mary_c_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all the congratulations!

I have to say - while i don't live in a small town, I do live in a small community.

DH and I went to run our errands, including stopping at the bank to get my affidavit notarized. 5 employees all looked up and greeted us by name. I held up my paper and said I needed a notary, and three said "I can do that!!".

We went with Kathy, the bank manager, got my signature notarized, and actually spent another 15 or so minutes just chatting. She was so happy for me winning the prize, and wants to know what-all is in the gift basket. It turns out she has made 2 baby quilts. Who knew? Now she's entering the contest!

I like having been in this small place for nearly 25 years, and knowing my bank's employees.

Oh, and I will definitely be posting pictures of the stuff

• sunnycentralfl
    10 years ago

Looking forward to seeing your prize! Couldn't be happier for you!

Congratulations, Mary c

Gwen

• bev2009
    10 years ago

I'm very happy for you! Can't wait to see what you've won in the basket.

• polardream
    10 years ago

Congrats! It is always fun to "know" someone who actually wins the contests!

Sue

• wendyfaye
    10 years ago

YAY!!

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

So exciting! I'm so happy for you!

And I love your bank story too. I've lived in this place FAR longer than most of the places I've lived as an adult and am still pleased at how often I run into people I know; it feels like a small community.