Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Tongue almost Rolled out of my Head Today!

Posted by ritaweeda (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 28, 12 at 11:26

I was at the local flea market looking for produce. There's a guy there who repairs and sells old machines, he's good, I've had him work on my old Kenmore. He had a 1934 Featherweight, runs, it had it's original case (but it was in poor shape), several feet, and the manual. But unfortunately I don't walk around with $300 to blow on something like that. It was a honey. Anyway, if anyone in Central Florida is interested in one, let me know and I can give you the details.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Tongue almost Rolled out of my Head Today!

Rita, it is probably a good thing that you didn't have the cash on you.... I've seen Featherweights on Ebay and Craigs List for for 300 if they were in mint condition, but I'm not sure one in poor condition would be worth it. I told Kate about one I saw a few weeks ago (but she already has a FW) on C/L that was in poor condition and lacked the case.... I think it was about 100 bucks, but I might be wrong... when you turn 29, your memory starts to fade. :o)

o
RE: My Tongue almost Rolled out of my Head Today!

I remember the FW machine I saw behind glass in an antique store once, priced at $500. They not only didn't know if it ran but didn't know if it came with any accessories. I bet it sat there for a very long time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here