Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toolgranny

LOTTO - October 2013

toolgranny
10 years ago

This month think PINK. Those of you with a little girl in your life will realize that if you win these blocks you could have a pink quilt together for Christmas. And, if you don't have a little girl in mind, this being Breast Cancer Awareness month, you could also create a wonderful quilt for the next fund-raising raffle.

In any case, this is a very simple block made in three values of pink. You'll notice from the samples that having a distinct dark and light makes a great difference.

Our block is Lover's Knot, link below. All the usual lotto guidelines still apply.

1. with your blocks include name, mailing address, forum name and $1 to cover postage for the winning blocks.

2. if possible, either attach your name to the back of each block or write your name in the seam allowance with a fabric pen so the winner knows who made the block (this is not a requirement, just a request)

3. all blocks received by the last day of the month will be included in the lotto drawing

4. you will have 1, 2 or 3 chances to win, depending on how many blocks you've sent in.

Blocks are mailed to Valarie who will arrange the drawing at the end of the month. If you need her address, find her "ittlehelen" name on a previous lotto and send her (or me) a msg.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lover's Knot block pattern

Comments (37)

• lola99
    10 years ago

Okay, I'm in. It has been a long time since I participated in the lotto and I miss the excitement! I'm going to commit to making 3 this month.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Will be pulling my pinks this afternoon....did I tell you that pink is my fav color????

SharonG/FL

• loisflan
    10 years ago

I don't think I have a single piece of pink fabric. I may have to go buy some, but I'm in too.

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Just pulled a bunch of pinks. Now to see which ones will play well together.
    Theresa

• beth7happy
    10 years ago

oh man...I used up most of my PINK, but I'll go get some, too!! It's a pretty, pretty pattern and looks like I can handle it! I'm in the Pink!! (will try for my usual three!).

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Not sure if I have any pink in my stash...oh dear, I may have to buy some fabric...oh please, don't make me feed the stash !!!! :-)
    V.

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

Pink isn't my favorite color but I have some left overs so maybe I will join this one. Not sure with how many yet.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

I have 3 completed. Hope they'll be ok.

SharonG/FL

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Done and mailed.
    Theresa

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

Finished these tonight. When I find the address I will mail them to Valarie.

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Nanajayne...Happy to see you join this month...just send me an email from my page and I'll send you my address !
    V.

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

I still haven't found out where to send them... can you e-mail me the address or direct me to where I can find it.
    I will be going on vacation soon and need to get them out.

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Nanajayne: send me an email: littlehelen@comcast.net
    I'll send you my address as soon as I receive your email.
    V.

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Hi Nanajayne: there's no email address on your garden web page, so I was not able to send you an email when you requested. I will watch for your email and respond asap!
    V.

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Valarie, in the mail tomorrow.

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

V.
    I am having issues trying to e-mail you so I am going to leave my address here for you.
    buckyb@rochester.rr.com.
    I need to get them in the mail before we leave. Pretty busy around here this week.

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Hi Nanajayne....

Sent you my address in two separate emails this morning. Thanks much for sticking it out...I'll be watching the mail for your blocks.
    Enjoy your trip,
    V.

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

Those blocks are going to be soooo cool looking together! You go, girls!!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Valarie, Mailed off 3 blocks today.

SharonG/FL

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

In the mail today..

• beth7happy
    10 years ago

This one went together well for me! and it was pretty neat, too, that I often thought about Breast Cancer Awareness month while sewing PINK!! I'll be mailing three of these sometime next week.

• toolgranny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Beth. Those are lovely.

Meaningful month for us as daughter just found out the four lumps in her breast are not cancer after all. Pink now has special meaning in this family.

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

Feeling thankful for you and your daughter, Linda!

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

20 blocks thus far for October...it's lookin awful pretty in pink 'round here!!!

• bev2009
    10 years ago

Count me in for two, which will go in the mail tomorrow. Don't include me in the drawing though.

• beth7happy
    10 years ago

nice pic! those are way prettier than I'd have imagined!

• lola99
    10 years ago

Unfortunately I didn't make any this month. I'm sorry - too busy with costume sewing.

The blocks look great.

• bev2009
    10 years ago

I did mail mine yesterday and here is a pic.

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

OK...all entries have been received, the random number list has been generated,names assigned and the list sent to my quilting lotto partner (QLP) ToolGranny .....

Whoever is on-line, please post a random number between 1 and 19......

V.

• nannykins
    10 years ago

I pick 16
    Theresa

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

And the Winner is....
    ...beth7happy ....Beth Davie!!!!

Congratulations Beth!!! I'll have your blocks in the mail this week.

thanks Theresa for being there and picking our monthly winning number...and Thanks to everyone this month...lots of beautiful pink blocks!

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Woo-hoo Beth
    Theresa

• bev2009
    10 years ago

Congratulations, Beth! Do you have a recipient in mind?

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

Congratulations Beth, enjoy and have fun with pink.....

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Congratz, Beth. Enjoy those pink blocks.

SharonG/FL

• polardream
    10 years ago

Congrats, Beth! This will make a lovely quilt.
    Sue

• beth7happy
    10 years ago

oh my GOSH!! We have been away for a few days; just checked my email and found that I WON those gorgeous PINK blocks!! Thank you, THANK you, one and all...I can't wait to see them in person. I wasn't keen on the idea of 'pink' in the beginning, but once I made my blocks, well...I changed my mind! and then when the picture of the group together, oh my!! They are amazing. Not sure yet, but my thoughts are perhaps along the lines of getting my sisters to help....we could make a quilt for next year's Breast Cancer Awareness month....all four of us participate in some Breast Cancer charity or another..... Thank you all So much!! âÂÂ¥

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm