Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

LOTTO 2014 - October

K8Orlando
9 years ago

Welcome to the October LOTTO!

In case you missed Valarie's recent post, she and I will not be coordinating the Lotto for 2015. If you are interested in taking it over, either as an individual or with a partner, please step forward! It's fun (really!) and it helps our forum stay fresh & interesting. Of course, we'll be happy to help you get started. Contact either of us if you have questions.

The lotto is open to all and new quilters are encouraged to participate. You will learn much and have fun doing it. Participate in as many or as few lottos as you want, but even if you don't like the current month's block think about doing at least one. It's good practice and the winner will appreciate your efforts! Typically, the winner receives enough blocks to complete a nice size quilt. It could be YOU!

October - FIRE - Contrary Wife in fire/fall colors of red, orange, purple with off-white background. We did this block a couple years ago in jewel tones and Tamie/Bozogardener made a truly beautiful quilt with the blocks. Link to picture of Tamie's quilt:

Link to the pattern: Contrary Wife at Quilterscache.com

And of course we need an inspiration picture!

The details:
- Each month there will be a designated block or theme; you can send 1, 2 or 3 blocks.
- All blocks must measure 12.5inches x 12.5inches with no more than 1/4" variation.
- Please include name, mailing address, forum name and $1 to cover postage for the winning blocks (Any money left over at the end of the year will go towards prizes!)
- If possible, either attach your name to the back of each block or write your name in the seam allowance with a fabric pen so the winner knows who made the block. This is not a requirement, just a request.
- All blocks received by the last day of the month will be included in the lotto drawing, unless you request that your name not be entered. Some months you might want to participate, but don't really want to win the blocks. That's OK.
- You have 1, 2 or 3 chances to win, depending on how many blocks you've sent in.

Mail your block(s) to Valarie [littlehelen]. She will manage the collection of blocks and dispersal to the winner. If you need her mailing address, you may request it by sending her a message at littlehelen at comcast dot net.

Kate
Happy quilting!
(Next month - 22 inch MOON!)

Comments (23)

• calliope
    9 years ago

This is a great pattern and I remember it from the previous lotto. It's one of those you can't appreciate what a wonderful design it creates because it's not a 'stand alone' pattern. I am a gardener and the veggie garden and orchard and bramble patches have taken up all my time, and my sewing room has set idle since early spring, other than some mending and a little clothes designs for my great-granddaughter. But hope to join back in the forum and a lotto or two directly when I get the fall garden under control and winter preparations made.

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Three done at Retreat.

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

More blocks for October...

-Littlehelen's
    -Nannykins
    -Lois F

Such bright blocks...love 'em!

V.

• beth7happy
    9 years ago

Here they come, Val...three in the mail.

• polardream
    9 years ago

I have 3 blocks done and they will go in the mail later this week.

Sue

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Love those Sue!

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Greetings...the last of the October Lotto blocks arrived in the mail Monday, and they are bright and awesome when laid out. So we're ready to rock and roll with our monthly drawing....

I know of only one person who does not want to participate in this lotto...everyone else has their name in the hat...there are 21 blocks, but I'm looking for someone to post a number between 1 and 18 inclusive.

Now I'm off to vote, and do a few other chores on my day off and then I'll be back around 6ish (EST) to announce the winner. Sooo..... if you are the first on line to see this post...
    Please Pick a Number ....

V.

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Lucky number 13.

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

I'm back and Thank you Lois for picking the lucky number...
    our October 2014 Lotto Block winner is.....

NANNYKINS!!!

Congratulations Teresa!
    V.

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Woo- hoo!
    They are all beautiful blocks!
    Thank you all.
    Theresa

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

Those are all beautiful blocks! Congratulations!

But Val, How could you have possibly snapped that picture with that bottom right block turned that way?!! You drive me crazy!! LOL

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Jennifer....please be seated, extend your arms, place your thumb & index fingers together, close your eyes & repeat after me....."All will be well"
    that might help you :-). Lol
    V.

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Congrats Theresa! These are really dramatic!

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Great set of blocks, Theresa. Congratulations!

• beth7happy
    9 years ago

Nice!!! Congrats, Theresa. How bright!

• bev2009
    9 years ago

Those are beautiful blocks! I love fall and all it's color. Congrats!

• polardream
    9 years ago

congrats, Theresa!

I noticed that block was facing the wrong way, also, Jennifer! I had to bite my tongue.

Sue

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Me too! But I also noticed the ones with blue are nicely distributed. Even when the blocks aren't mine, I'm mentally arranging them.

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Dear fellow Wandering Stitchers,
    Let's be happy I got them all laid out without two dogs and a DH messing them up just for the fun of it!
    Now everyone... Repeat after me... These are random blocks laying on a floor... "All will be well."
    :-)

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Valarie, the blocks arrived yesterday.
    Lovely.lovely.
    Have not been feeling top of the mark lately, so it may take me some time to get to them. Getting old(er) is not my idea of fun.
    Theresa

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Theresa, I hope you are feeling better soon. I got a cute email yesterday. Maybe it will cheer you up.

OMG, I'm rich!
    Silver in the hair,
    Gold in the teeth.
    Crystals in the kidneys,
    Sugar in the blood.
    Lead in the butt,
    Iron in the arteries,
    And an inexhaustible supply
    of natural gas!
    I never thought I would
    accumulate such wealth.

Best wishes from another wealthy woman. Lois

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Thank you Lois!
    I can relate to several of those treasures.
    I think the change of seasons and time are the culprit here. At least i hope so.
    Theresa