Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here's Amy!

Posted by jennifer_in_va (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 10, 13 at 10:02

Here are some pictures of the new addition!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here's Amy!

the front

o

She came with the secret storage stool, and the secret compartment that hides underneath the table.

o

all closed up

o

Here are her attachments!

The big foot with the red knobbed cam inside runs the 4 cams with different stitches, there are a few different kinds of hemmers, a binding foot, and a single hole foot (don't remember the official name for this) which is of particular interest.

Oh, and 4-5 cool flat head screwdrivers!

o

Amy is beautiful!!! I love that she was used and loved.
The single hole foot is for shirring or gathering.
You have little girls and you can make really cute clothes with these attachments - like 'back in the day'. You will have so much fun!!!
If your knee lever pushes against the foot control button, you should be able (carefully) to remove the foot control from the side of the cabinet and use it on the floor. I like knee levers.

I'm jealous!! Now I want a pretty 15-91!!! :~)

o

Congratulations!!! Great news on Amy's arrival. Love that it comes with the cabinet and knee control...very similar to the Singer I used when learning how to sew and for years after.

That old machine is now sitting thousands of miles from me, unused in my neices house...it's her momento from Grandma...I'd so love to have it, but appreciate her sentiments...so it sits and that's ok for now..
Enjoy your New Singer!!!
V.

o

Congratulations!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Hello Amy!

o

Hi Amy, nice to meet you.

This post reads like a birth announcement. LOL

o

She is lovely, and the cabinet should clean up nicely, too. Congratulations on your new girl.

beverly

o

Hi Amy!

You're as cute as can be! Lucky Jennifer with her new baby.

o

I have lots of experience making birth announcements!

o

Lucky you to have a new member of the family. I am glad Amy has found a new home that will appreciate her beauty. May she provide you with new thrills and achievements. Congratulations.
TFS

o

YAY!!!

o

Congratulations!! She is beautiful!!

Robbi

o

ConGratz on your new arrival, Jen. :-)

SharonG/FL

o

I have several in their 15 series but not as nice as that and all need tweeking to sew. It's a lovely machine. Honestly the vintage singers are hard to beat.

o

I haven't yet had time to sit and clean her... I kind of hate to use her before I know she's tidy. I worry about hurting her!

Maybe after I clean mud of DS's new sneakers (it's all Dad's fault!!) then I can sit and clean dust bunnies out of AMy.

o

Here's a pic of your cabinet in her glory days.
It is the Parklane 356.
http://spirithill.net/images/Singer 403.jpg

Look at the brochure in the link below - lower right.
I have the Monticello 86 next to it. I knew I had seen your cabinet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Singer Cabinets

o

Well, that's too cool! It didn't seem as though the wood was the kind to be refinished/polished up...and I guess it wasn't. Looks like a painted version from the get go, so I could repaint it without feeling bad.

Yours is real pretty! Very glamorous!

o

Originally, it was blonde finish - very popular at the time, or walnut finish - not painted.
Look at the link below.
I think you should "antique or pickle" it -- both required a painted finish to begin with and was also popular -- but I don't think you should try to restore the wood finish. Or clean it, sand spots and dry brush some darkish brown or black --Or -- clean it and call it a day & enjoy it!! That's probably what I would do!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Wood Finish cabinet

o

That's great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here