Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quilt retreat ideas

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 14, 10 at 9:48

Ok retreaters. We have had 4 wonderful retreats and improved our packing and use of space every year. But there is always room for improvement. If anyone has any ideas for improvement, please let Jennifer or me know. This year we had 2 ironing boards and that worked out great. I think next year I will bring another cutting board. Any more suggestions or requests?

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quilt retreat ideas

It's pretty hard to improve on perfection - IMHO. You provided everything we needed - & more! --- Been trying to think of something to add...& can't think of a thing! I was one very happy & contented camper! the entire weekend:)

o

Less cake, cookies and candy! It's not like we starve up there!

I think an extra mat would be great. Ironing boards seemed just about right. If I ever drive, I'd bring a cushion for me seat. Those chairs are hard.

o

I think we need to remember to always check that someone brings a first aid kit. Katherine saved the day (a couple of times?) with hers.

o

Thank you Katherine.... very thoughtful. I am happy that I didn't need it.........this time. We did have one , but it was in the car.

o

And, now that I've put the crutches away and the stitches are out, just want you to know I'm recovering well. Thanks Katherine.

(just kidding, folks!)

o

Linda, we had plenty of fabric for you to sit on. I brought back 2 big bags of scraps, and didn't even dumpster dive.

beverly

o

I am glad my little first aid kit came in handy. I have a tendency to pack everything but the kitchen sink, although i could have used the sink a couple of times too! :)

I think another cutting mat would be good as well. I brought a pillow to sit on and was glad i did! I can't think of anything else we needed but didn't have. Of course one more day of sewing would be nice...

Katherine

o

Well, Katherine, that extra day cooouuuld be arranged!!! Of course, it'd cost you a bit more...

o

OK, more clothes line, one more cutting board and perhaps another design wall, on the list.

Well, DH is off for the week ... so I could get there Monday morning and spend the week! I wonder if the truck would carry that many projects?

beverly

o

I think more days would be nice. I seem to just get going and it's time to go home. I'd pay for the week gladly.

o

Now that I've thought about it a little longer...maybe a bigger dumpster???
And I do like the extra day idea!!

o

I wouldn't mind paying extra for another day.... would love to stay longer than that, but i think my family would have a fit... Ha!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here