Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
His Quilt on a Wall

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 17, 11 at 9:39

You might need that horse! This is DH's rendition of the Carpenter's Star I gave him painted on the end of his studio facing the road.

wallhanging resized

Never saw a barn quilt like this one. lol

SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: His Quilt on a Wall

I think it is great. There may be a new career for him. Did he paint the motorcycles with the square wheels, too?

beverly

o

That is FANTABULOUS!!!

Looks better (&much more realistic) than any other barn quilt I've ever seen!!

o

Nice job! Did he have fun doing it? I think it looks great.
Sue

o

Love it!

o

Thanks for the kind comments....he's one of those people that prefers to do things 'his' way. Here's a pic that shows the end of the studio. I think he did have fun doing it. He posted it on one of his forums and bragged that this was a pic of a real quilt and it was on his bed!

Photobucket

SharonG/FL

o

OMGosh..........it looks so realistic, right down to the folds and shadows. Super job, and lovin' it.

o

It looks so real! Talent obviously runs in your family!
This is beyond cool!

o

He has a talent for sure.That looks so real.Love it.Tell him "Job well done".
Kathi

o

OMGoodness! That is all kinds of awesome! My DH looked at it and said "Well, I can't compete with THAT!"

Much more interesting than a standard barn quilt.

o

Truly fantastic! Your so lucky the have such a talented DH. Such a special piece of work. You both should be very proud. It sets a new standard for barn quilts. Jayne

o

WOW!!!

o

Thank you, ladies. He does a good job of spoiling me with his various talents. Remember the quilt rack? @:)

SharonG/FL

o

Love it!!! That is definitely a quilt to be admired! How cool that he choose "his quilt" to be displayed on the studio. I do remember the quilt rack. Lucky you and him!

o

That's my dada!
Salijo

o

That is so cool! Great job to DH. thanks for sharing

o

Amazing!!!!!!!!!

Linda OH

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here