Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring Retreat Official Sign-Ups

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 23, 11 at 8:54

I heard back from Elizabeth at Magnolia Park about the extra apartment:

"... to answer your questions, we have a total of 7 apartments that we use.

5 have the four beds (three double, and one single)
1 has 5 beds (three double and two singles and is a larger apartment).
And 1 has 3 beds (all double size).
And to answer your question about the $75. Fee, Yes and Yes.

We have some groups that are willing to divide the extra apartment fees among all members in order to gain the extra beds and space.

And we have some that basically tells the person wanting a private room that they are responsible for the extra fee and they can choose who does or does not room with them. I also have some that pay the fee to have a whole apartment to themselves if the number count allows one to be available."

Each apartment has 2 rooms, except the large one which has 3. There is a minimum of 15 to book so in theory most could share an apartment and still have a private room with a shared bath. That would add $75 to each 3 night/4 day stay making it $310. If you don't mind sharing a room, it will still be $235.

The date is March 29th - April 1st. Please sign up here and also send me an e-mail if you are interested. I will need to make a deposit as soon as possible.

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring Retreat Official Sign-Ups

I'm in. I'll pay the $310. I'll be driving from B'Ham airport and will take riders who fly in if there are any others.

o

Beverly, I sent you an email .......

o

Got it Sharon, thanks.

Please let me know by Dec 1st if you are planning on coming. I will pay the deposit if we have enough, and you can pay me back.

beverly

o

I would love to and would be willing to pay the extra fee for the room and shared bath, but can't do it that weekend. So sorry to miss another one! I'm sure this will be a great place to gather.

Kate

o

I'd like to come & am willing to pay the $310. I'll email you.

o

Yea Ginny, got your e-mail. We are up to 5 now, need 10 more participants.

beverly

o

I'm going to have to pass on this one. I hope it turns out to be as much fun as CC.

o

I'm passing on this one as well. Don't know when we will return from Mexico but sounds like fun.

Sue

o

I plan on sending you a check this week, Beverly.

SharonG/FL

o

Thanks, Sharon, but there is no hurry. You can wait and see if we get 15 or not.

beverly

o

I'm in. :)

Faye

o

Yea, Faye! Now we are 6. If you can bring a friend, we will be 7. We are getting there.

beverly

o

I too, have to pass on the spring retreat. It affects too many families w/having to find substitute child care. While it's nice to be needed, sometimes...;)
Hope you get to your #15 - it will be SO fun! & by that time of year we're all tired of suffering from cabin fever!

o

TTT

o

Beverly - how many do we have signed up?

o

So far we have 6 quilters and 2 hubbies interested. We have to have 15, anyone else interested?

beverly

o

Hoping so hard that 7 more quilters (or quilters and hubbies) decide to go. Isn't going to a quilt retreat with the other great quilters from QF part of dreams, your Personal Legend? Can you tell?: I'm reading The Alchemist right now. :)

o

Wish I could help with the Personal Legend, Ginny!

I hope you all get enough to do this! I'm sorry I can make it.

Kate

o

TTT

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here