Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Monochromatic Crumbs

I had already started to do this with my reds, then I saw this on Facebook. My eyes have been really blurry recently, but I feel the need to sew. I think this will fit the bill for awhile. Seems to be a little more 'orderly' than regular crumbs. @:)

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Monochromatic Crumbs

Comments (15)

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Oh, I like that Sharon. I can't wait to see yours!

Donna

• grammyp
    12 years ago

I love it! May have to join you in using up my crumbs.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I plan on pulling out the rest of the 'crumbs' and sorting through them this afternoon, but first I have to take a nap. Good thing I bought a bunch of Keep on Stripping bags to sort them into. @:)

• calliope
    12 years ago

I really like that. I have been toying with a monochrome crazy quilt, but gave away my crumbs. Doesn't stop me from going to the larger pieces, however.

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Love it! I saw something similar at a recent quilt show but didn't really register that it was crumbs. Now that I see this, I realize what I was seeing.

You know... this would be a great theme for a forum challenge. Any pattern, any idea, as long as you used some monochromatic crumb blocks.

Kate

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Here's the quilt I saw at the quilt show. I love the colors and patterns! I just hadn't seen it as crumb blocks until I saw Sharon's pictures.

Kate

{{!gwi}}

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

Both are really pretty! I didn't realize it was crumbs either. My grands would really like them.
    Rosa

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Nice idea and agree it would make for an interesting challenge. I like the layout of the on in the quilt show. TFS

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kate, I continue to be amazed at the colors and great designs quilters come up with. I don't know that I would say it was made with crumbs, but there had to have been a lot of thought given when putting those strips together so pleasingly. Amazing!

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Yes, those are pretty special crumbs. But, it's really a good idea to keep in mind.

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

Love this idea! Can't wait to see yours, Sharon!

• fran1523
    12 years ago

Beautiful. I recently finished a monochromatic string quilt. I don't have the pictures uploaded yet but will post it when I get a chance. I'm going to try to bring the quilt to retreat.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I have 8 reds done and 7 yellows.....thought there were 8 but no....I'm learning as I go....getting more 'tonal' experience. @:)

• polardream
    12 years ago

Sharon, I can't wait to see what you come up with! I like both the link you provided and the one Kate posted. I am TRYING REALLY HARD to use up scraps - good way to do it!
    Sue

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The Geezerman likes what I've done so far, but I'm going to have to put them away for a few days as there are other WIPs I have to (should) work on. @:)