Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Camp Cheerio, we are here!

grammyp
12 years ago

We have made it to Camp Cheerio, and it is great. Other than very limited and troubled internet access, we are having a great time.

Here are a few pics from last night

More pics will follow after lunch.

Wish you all were here.

beverly

Comments (13)

• faintheart
    12 years ago

Looks like so much fun already! Thank you for sharing the pics, Beverly. I see some beautiful projects there!!! Have a wonderful time and keep us posted on all the fun.

Dee

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Oh my.....some beautiful quilts there, girls! We have our own group of great teachers here!!!!

I'm sure pics of the snack table and the dining room table tags will be forth coming? heh heh heh

I think we all wish we could be there, Beverly.

SharonG/FL

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Beautiful quilts! Can't wait to see more!

Kate

• lola99
    12 years ago

I'm glad you all arrived safely. It looks like so much fun already. I'll be thinking about you all this weekend.

Lola

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

Look how young that quilter is in the first pic lol!!!!!

They are all amazing but my focus right now is Christmas and I love that snowman.

Thanks for posting Beverly have fun and we wish we were there too!
    Rosa

• jackier123
    12 years ago

Bah humbug, I am jealous! Wish I was there. Great pictures of some fantastic looking quilts.

Jackie

• grammyp
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here are some more pics.

Melanie at lunch

Snack table

Jennifer teaching fabric folding class

Boxes we made

Table signs with our tribe names

More to follow tomorrow, keep checking in

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Love those cute boxes!!!!! I feel a request for another tutorial coming up. @:)

What a precious lunch date!!!! Looks just like Amanda did sitting there.

Snack table.....so many yummy looking choices!!!! Send me a mouse, Beverly. LOL You already know what I think about your neat table signs. *S*

• grammyp
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here are some pics from last night and this morning.

Sunset from Sloan center

Playing Left, Right, Center game.

Fran won 130 charm squares

Walking to the dining hall for breakfast.

The early risers are all ready there.

Early morning from the deck at the dining hall.

More pics later, wish you were here.

beverly

• grammyp
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Correction, Faye won the blocks, not Fran, sorry.

• wynative
    12 years ago

Oh my..... It is beautiful there! Great quilts, ladies! I so want to go to one of these some day....

I am thinking about attempting a 'stained glass' quilt. Several years ago, I drew up & cross stitched nine different flowers that were growing in my gardens for a lap quilt. I think I will do the same for this one. Tutorials on that and the fabric boxes would be wonderful! With all I have to finish this weekend, they will just have to go to my 'want to do' list. :)

Hope everyone has a great time and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!
    Marie
    PS
    Those mice snack's are adorable!

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Oh,I'm so envious! I would love to attend this retreat. I will retire at the end of this month so it may be doable in the future!
    Linda OH

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

Thanks so much Beverly for posting the "running commentary" in photos of the retreat. It certainly looks like a wonderful place. I would really like to make it there one year - and hope it can be next year!
    Looks like there's a lot of fun mixed in with the sewing too

Kristene