Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Almost Back to Sewing..

Posted by ritaweeda (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 15, 13 at 8:02

Well, it's been 2 weeks since the sewing room was shut down due to a plumbing leak. (Chiseling hammer into the cement slab, fine cement dust covering everything, you know the drill.) There was flooring to be patched, etc. so it wasn't until yesterday that I was able to go in there and try to vacuum the fine layer of cement dust that covered every surface. I tried to cover as much stuff as possible with sheets and removed my machines, ott lites, etc. from the room before he got to work but there was a lot of cleanup. I tried to get it all put back together but pooped out by about 4 in the afternoon, dragging cabinets and bins and tables back and forth, my bad back wasn't cooperating. Hopefully today I can get my machines and lites back in there and be ready to go again. I'm in the machine quilting stage of a log cabin and want to get it done by the end of next month - DS's B-Day.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Almost Back to Sewing..

Good luck with getting everything back to normal. That's a LOT of work! But don't hurt yourself trying to do too much..then you'll be out longer!

o

Aw, Rita, I hate when these things happen! That dust gets into everything! Don't over do it, or like Jennifer said, it will be longer before you get back to sewing.

SharonG/FL

o

Glad you are getting your sewing room back to normal and reclaiming your space.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Good for you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here