Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
micyrey

Row Robin: heart in hands

Michelle Reynolds
13 years ago

Hello

I have not seen any post for us so I went ahead .I hope I'm not steping on any toes.

I'm getting reddy to send my row to joyce(odessa) I will put in a squair fabric for each person to sign and a passport for everyone to write notes in.

So keep an eye out joyce I will send my package out today.

Happy quilting

Michelle

Comments (79)

• odessaquilts
    13 years ago

Michelle,

Yes, I got it, and I'm perplexed: how do I add another animal to this? Turtles and skunks and ________???? Oh, my!

Kay, I'll try to get Michelle's chickens off to you by the first part of next week. Don't worry, you haven't missed it. (And the silver and purple skyscrapers I've added really add a statement!)

Happy Turkey Day, everyone!

Odessa

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi
    great chickens always like to sit in high plases so they will love such tall buildings
    Happy thanksgiving
    Michelle

• wynative
    13 years ago

Gena - I recieved Odessa's and of course it is FABULOUS! Wow - love the 2 rows that have been added.

I now have Kays & Odessa's but with finial done - I will be sewing away, right after I get over the flu bug that attacked me this morning at a craft fair :(

Marie

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello
    I have maries done but will wait to hear that odessa is ready for it, I dont want to overwelm you.
    maybe you will be ready for it after the holidays.
    I just love this swap so far.
    merry christmas everyone
    michelle

• tdsully
    13 years ago

Michelle, I have Gena's row ready to send. I'll wait until you are ready. Hope you have a great Christmas. Tara

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello
    Tara I'm ready so send it on
    thanks
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello
    I got gena's row yesterday. how are you doing odessa. do you think you will be ready to receve a row next week? I have one ready to go. I know things are hectic over the holidays I can wait to send till after new years.
    michelle
    I just cant wait to start each one when I get it.

• User
    13 years ago

Bumping to first page.
    How is everyone doing?

Happy New Year!

Kay

• wynative
    13 years ago

Kay & Odessa - I have yours ready to send to Tara. I loved working on them both - they are going to be very fun quilts :D

Tara - do you want me to wait or is it okay to send them now?

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and wishing all a fabulous New Year!
    Marie

• tdsully
    13 years ago

Marie, go ahead and send them. I'm ready!! Happy New Year to everyone. Tara

• wynative
    13 years ago

Tara - they will go out tomorrow :D

• wynative
    13 years ago

Tara- I sent them out today and have a conformation # but don't want to post it here as anyone would be able to see your address and I can't find your email.

Marie

• tdsully
    13 years ago

Marie, I got the rows today. Love them both. Everyone has done such a wonderful job. I hope what I add is just as good as everyone elses.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello
    Odessa- I sent off 2 robins to you, they are in the same envie. marie's and gena's. marie I didnt have any farm animals but I hope wart hogs are close enough, and gena I had so many floral prints I just used them all.
    let me know when they get there .
    thanks
    michelle

• wynative
    13 years ago

Michelle - wart hogs are cute in their own way LOL

I am caught up for about 5 minutes, I think :D I have several UFO's that need to be finished by Feb. 12th for my granddaughter-to-be shower.

I hope all are enjoying the weekend and getting lots of fun time in :D
    Marie

• tdsully
    13 years ago

Michelle, I'm sending you a row today. I got rows together but am sending them seperate. I still need to finish the other one. Tara

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello
    great I can't wait
    I'll let you know when it gets here
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello
    I got it Tara. Odessa did you get the package I sent?
    how is everyone doing on their rows
    and should we do a quick check on who has what rows?
    I have Kay's
    michelle

• User
    13 years ago

Empty hands here, so if something was sent, we need to be checking with the post office.

Kay

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello
    I'm still trying to find out where the other rows are.
    michelle has Kay's
    Kay has empty hands
    Odessa.....
    Marie....
    Tara...
    Gena...

I'm sure we would all like to know where they are at this point.
    thanks everyone
    michelle

• tdsully
    13 years ago

Michelle,
    I sent Odessa's to you on Friday. So I don't have any now.
    Glad you have Kay's, maybe you can get her's done before Odessa's arrives.
    Tara

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello
    I got odessas on sat,
    I'm almost done with Kays but dont want to send to odessa till I know if she is ready, she has not posted in a wile has anyone heard from her.
    michelle

• User
    13 years ago

I emailed her mid-month. She's been having some delays, but I haven't heard anything since then.
    Kay

• User
    13 years ago

Hi, everyone, I just got an email from Gena. She's been having problems logging on.
    She just wanted to post an update that she has empty hands, too.

Kay

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

michelle has Kay's and Odessa's
    Kay has empty hands
    Odessa.....
    Marie....
    Tara... empty hands
    Gena... empty hands
    marie and odessa do you have the other 4 rows, odessa can I send kay;s on to you? I have finnished it. I will be done with odessa's soon and would like to know where we are on finishing this swap.
    thanks everyone
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello
    ok i'm getting worried about this one, marie dosent have any rows eather, I just finnished odessas. I will send her an e-mail and let you know what I hear.

michelle has Kay's and Odessa's
    Kay has empty hands
    Odessa.....
    Marie.... empty hands
    Tara... empty hands
    Gena... empty hands
    thanks everyone
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello
    I sent odessa her rows and a note asking her if she wants to drop out of the robin, incase something has happened that has left her unable to compleat the robin. I have asked her to send all the rows to me and I will send them out to those that have not worked on them yet.
    I will let you know if I hear from her
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello
    I checked on the DC# for the package to Joyce, it was delivered yesterday and I had included my phone number incase she no longer has internet or computer acess.
    so I think we have to call this one on hold till further notice.
    I have kay's rows, everyone has added their rows except joyce, would you like me to just go a head and send it to you? if joyce shows up later it can be up to you if you want to send it to her to do hers.

please let me know if anyone hears from her.
    thanks everyone.
    michelle

• User
    13 years ago

Michelle, that would be fine.Thanks for doing all you have! And as soon as we hear from Joyce, or if anyone has rows I can work on, please send them on.

Kay

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hi
    sorry joyce has all the other rows, yours Kay is the only one accounted for.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello
    I sent Kay her rows, I hope you like them I think they look great. I have a DC# and I sent them priority so they should bee there soon
    happy quilting everyone
    michelle

• wynative
    13 years ago

On hold is a good idea - as Odessa is MIA from #3 also :( Hope everything is okay with her and her loved ones,
    Marie

• User
    13 years ago

Michelle & Everyone, They're here, they're here!!!!!

My rows came home! And they're WONDERFUL!
    In order of how you worked on them:
    Gena, The leaves & acorns were almost the center of my original row. I just couldn't find a pattern I liked well enough. I obviously didn't see the one you found, or there it would have been! The wreaths are just beautiful, thank you!

Marie: Your blocks are so bright & cheerful! I think my very favorite is the one of the reeds! The squirrel is so friendly, but he seems to be saying "Don't touch my acorn!" And what a lovely center the mushroom makes!

Tara, the leaves are GREAT! I was really hoping for each of those blocks! Believe it or not, they all were battling it out to be in my original row, especially the sweet gum leaf. I have fond memories of a sweet gum tree growing up.

Michelle, I really love the sunflower row! The stars and sashing are just the right colors and look so "fallish". It's amazing how you could take a star, and make it blend right into a floral setting. Just perfect!

Thank you all so much for all the work you did.. I love them all! I still need to add sashing and decide on final layout, but what a great quilt this will be! (Picture does not have rows in order listed above!)

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello
    your so welcome kay
    I had a great time working on it.
    maybe we can try this again when we all have the time to do a do-over.
    happy quilting everyone
    michelle

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

Awesome job, ladies! Loving every row!

SharonG/FL

• tdsully
    13 years ago

Looks wonderful, I loved seeing everyone's rows.
    Have fun putting it all together. Please post a picture when you get it finished.
    Tara

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

I heard from Odessa!

She is OK but has very good reasons for dropping out of sight for a while. I won't go into any details, because that would be for her to share, but if you knew any of the story you would understand. She thanks you all for your patience.

She has all of the round/row robin missing pieces. I told her that if she wants she can send them all to me, without adding her borders or rows, and I'll get them sent to the appropriate person on the list. But she would like to see how much she can get done on them this weekend.

Kate

• User
    13 years ago

Odessa,
    If you're checking in... a big hug! Glad to know you're ok.

Kay

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi
    Oh thank goodness I have been so worried about her. I look at the quilt from out last round robin and wondered where she went.
    BIG HUG Odesssa, we miss you very much.
    Michelle

• wynative
    12 years ago

Michelle,

I received you quilt yesterday - It is FABULOUS!!!! :D I will not have a chance to work on it until after the 15th but will get it sent on ASAP.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer!
    Marie

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    12 years ago

no rush marie
    take your time and have fun
    michelle

• wynative
    12 years ago

Tara - a quilt top is on its way to you :)

Marie

• tdsully
    12 years ago

Marie, I got the package on Saturday. Love the chickens. I had already put stuff away for this. I'm having to remember or rethink what I was going to do. I don't applique very well so I'm looking for paper piece chickens.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello
    Tara is that my rows you have?
    Dosent have to be chickens just kinda country or barnyard, or going with
    The color.
    I can't beleve almost a year later and my row is still making its way
    Around.

Are there any more still wandering the countryside?

Michelle

• tdsully
    12 years ago

Michelle,

Yes this is yours. It's beautiful!. I've found some chickens and chicks and some other things that will go with them. I was wondering if any others were out there too.

Tara

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    12 years ago

tara did you ever get yours?
    or anyone else get theirs back?
    thanks for letting me know
    I guess there is still hope.
    michelle

• wynative
    12 years ago

I have not received mine yet and only have Tara's to finish when it arrives.

hint, hint... LOL

Marie

• User
    12 years ago

I have none to work on, have worked on Michelle's and Joyce's and passed them on.

I have blocks ready for Tara's whenever it arrives here. Mine is missing.

Kay

• tdsully
    12 years ago

Michelle's is the only one I have left to work on. I haven't gotten mine back yet.
    Tara

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    12 years ago

hello
    MY CHICKENS HAVE COME HOME.
    and they brout so many wonderful friends with them.
    I just love my great quilt, I cant post any picks due to
    problems with my computer but everyone did an absolute great row for my quilt.
    thanks so much and big HUGGS to you all.
    I hope the rest will soon be home too.
    michelle