Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
murphy_zone7

An Amazing Binding Technique

murphy_zone7
11 years ago

Came across this link on another forum I visit. I think this is an amazingly clever way to apply binding and have never heard of it before. But I have only been quilting for a few years and there is a LOT I don't know. lol

Anyway, wanted to share with you. Also check out her post on Striped Binding...another clever technique.

Murphy

Here is a link that might be useful: http://aquilterstable.blogspot.com/2012/06/about-that-binding.html

Comments (7)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

I don't remember seeing anything like that, either. Looks pretty neat (and easy) if a person wants to take the time, or has a small quilt. The striped one would have more seams than I'd want to play with. TFS.....

SharonG/FL

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

I love the binding to the edge on the HST quilt! Not so sure if I want to change the binding color every few inches. Thanks for posting this - I may try it in the future.

Teresa

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Interesting!

I don't know anything about blogs...can y'all tell me how to find the entry about the striped binding?

Donna

• itsmesuzq
    11 years ago

Thanks so much for sharing this Murphy. I've added this blog to my list of favorites; I'm planning a modern quilt in the future and her binding idea would be fabulous!

Susan

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

I like it and can see using it on the right quilts. Thanks for posting it!

Kate

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Donna, There's a link to her tutorials at the top of her page.....

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Striped Binding

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Thanks, Sharon - that was the one place I didn't look! LOL

The striped binding looks like way too much work...I'd just use striped fabric if I wanted that look!

Donna