Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinyteena

Ribbons & Boes - Robbi (lafonda_ranch) - Nov 12th

Kristene Smith
12 years ago

Robbi - I've finished your block and am posting it today. I'll be in hospital next week so want to have it sent. Should reach you around 26th Oct

Kristene

Comments (37)

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry about the spelling error - didn't see it till it was posted
    Kristene

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

Thank you. I hope your hospital stay is brief and you heal quickly :-)

Robbi

• kay6271
    12 years ago

Robbi, your block is in the mailbox waiting to be whisked away!

Kay

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

Robbi
    Your block is ready and I will mail it tomorrow.

Mary

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

Kristene, I was on vacation last week and your package showed up sometime while we were gone. So far, I've been so busy the urge to open it has been minimal. Let's see if I can hold out as the rest arrive???!

Thank you, Mary, I'll be watching for yours next week.

Thanks,
    Robbi

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Robbi,
    I mailed your block today. It should make it there with time to spare. Hope so anyway.
    Jeanne

• wendyfaye
    12 years ago

Robbie, your block is in the mail.

Faye

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone!! This is very exciting to get these in the mail. My kids can't understand why I'm not opening them.

Kay, I received yours yesterday. I'm still so busy, the urge to open them hasn't set in. I'm home the next few evenings, so I'm sure the urge will get worse!!

Robbi

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

I have three squishy packages waiting to be opened!! Very exciting. They are from:

Kristene
    Kay
    Jeanne

Thanks everyone. I can't wait until Saturday of next week....

Robbi

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Robbi, I sent your block off today.....should be there soon.

SharonG/FL

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

I posted on the wrong place I guess. I sent your BD block yesterday. Have a happy one. Jayne

• benken
    12 years ago

Robbi, I sent your block out on Saturday...the clerk said "looks like it should be there on Monday" but I'm betting that's a little optimistic! Anyway, you should see it soon and I hope you have a wonderful day on Saturday.

Linda

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

I got a few more in the mail yesterday. I'm at work and can't remember who they were from (plus I got home about 9:30pm last night!!). I'll try to post from home and let you know what I have. The anticipation is building!!

Robbi

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

Here is the list of the packages I have:

Kay
    Sharon
    Jayne
    Linda
    Jeanne
    Mary
    Kristene

How exciting, only 3 more days!!

Robbi

• justamomofsix
    12 years ago

Robbi,

I am embarassed to say that I just realized your birthday is this weekend and I haven't made your block yet. I hope to make it tonight after work and send it out tomorrow. I am really sorry! :(

Katherine

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

No problem, Katherine!! I'm not celebrating with my family until the 19th due to schedule conflicts. My husband always calls it the "7 days of Robbimas". Unfortunately, he doesn't do a gift on each of those days, but we always seem to spread out the celebrating!

Robbi

• justamomofsix
    12 years ago

Robbi,

I mailed your package to you today. The postman said it might be there by Saturday. I hope so!!

Katherine

• grammyp
    12 years ago

I forgot to post your block is in the mail. Should get there tomorrow.

beverly

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

From all of your friends in the Birthday Block Exchange:

Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday, dear Robbi.
    Happy Birthday to you.

The "Seven Days of Robbimas" sounds like lots of fun! Hope there are some packages with ribbons and bows. In honor of today being your bithday, you can be our Quilter of the Day!

Enjoy your special day.

Jeanne

• grammyp
    12 years ago

Happy birthday!

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

Thank you for the wonderful birthday wishes!! I had so much fun opening those squishy packages!! Even my kids were excited to see them :-) Here is a picture of the ones I received as of Saturday (I forgot the list that detailed which block belonged to whom, sorry). But aren't they beautiful??!!

Thank you all!!!!!

Robbi

• salijo
    12 years ago

Those blocks are awesome! I'll be mailing mine tomorrow. I just have to sew a couple of seams tonight and it will be finished. I apologize for the tardiness.

Salijo

• wendyfaye
    12 years ago

Thanks for posting the picture, Robbi. Sorry mine hasn't gotten there yet, but I was worried it was too dark. Now, I think it will play very nicely with the ones you already have. Hope it arrives today.

Faye

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

Salijo, I received yours in the mail yesterday. I didn't get a chance to take a picture, but it is beautiful!! Thank you so much :-)

Thanks,
    Robbi

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Gorgeous colors, Robbi. Have fun putting them together.

SharonG/FL

• salijo
    12 years ago

ummm...I just mailed it today. Are you sure it was from me?
    Salijo

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

Salijo, I guess I need to look at the envelope again! My memory isn't that great lately :-( I'll check when I get home this afternoon and see.

I did get Fay's yesterday. Beautiful and it does play great with the other blocks. Beautiful!! I'll post another picture when I get them all together.

My family has enjoyed seeing all the postage from other countries. My dh even said I should keep the envelopes?

Thanks,
    Robbi

• salijo
    12 years ago

Well, I was thinking that sometimes miracles DO happen, but I kind of doubted this would be one of those instances.

Salijo

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

OK, I checked the envelope and card again, and it isn't from Salijo, but from quiltpartner/Cindy. Sorry Cindy!! And Thank you! It is a beautiful block :-)

Robbi

• salijo
    12 years ago

Robbi, I'm just checking to see ir you've gotten my block yet. I mailed it last Tuesday and I kind of thought it might have arrived by now...we're only a few states away from each other.
    Salijo

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

Yes, I did!! I can't remember exactly which day I received it, but it was either Friday or Saturday. We had a lot of family in this past weekend, and I'm still trying to recover from it! I also received grammyp's at the same time. And they are beautiful!! Maybe one day this week I'll be able to get an updated photo of all the blocks since I won't have to work???

Thank you again!!

Robbi

• salijo
    12 years ago

I understand being busy with the holidays..thank you for letting me know! I'm looking forward to seeing a photo of all your blocks together. I really look forward to that part of the exchange (I just wish more would post them!)

Salijo

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Robbi,
    Did you end up getting Katherine's block? I can't see it acknowledged anywhere in your posts?

If you did, then that would mean you have receved all 12 of your blocks.

Kristene

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

I will go back over them and see if any are missing. I will try this afternoon, but we are going to see the Fantasy of Trees in Knoxville with some friends this evening, and with Thanksgiving it might be Friday before I can really look at them.

Thanks,
    Robbi

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

Here is a picture of all the blocks. I'm sorry it has taken me so long to finally get it posted.

First row: justamomofsix, kay_in_pa, tuppermom
    Second row: sandlapper_rose, benken, nanajane
    Third row: geezerfolks, tinyteena, quiltpartner
    Fourth row: grammyp, salijo, faytay

Isn't it beautiful!! I can't wait to get some other projects done so I can put it together :-)

Thank you all again,

Robbi

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Robbi, You have some awesome shades of fall in your birthday blocks. Looks great! Good job ladies!!!!

SharonG/FL

• salijo
    12 years ago

That will make a beautiful quilt with a lovely vintage look to it!
    Salijo

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County