Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pieced back

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 4, 11 at 23:54

For the red/white sampler quilt I wanted the back to be mostly red, but didn't have enough of one color in my stash. So I put together some tube blocks, bordered with red and got it in the frame. This will be the first pieced back (other than a single seam) I have tried on the frame. Wish me luck.

Photobucket

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pieced back

Very cool.

I didn't have any problem with my pieced blocks on the frame. Though yours has a definite 'straightness' to retain, I'm sure you'll load it just fine and it'll be no problem.

o

I've actually found pieced backs very easy on the frame. As Jennifer said, you have to load it straight, but after that, I find it to be another tool in rolling and keeping the quilt straight and the back tension not pulled or distorted.

I love the back - tube blocks are a great idea to add interest in the back - thank you!

o

Looks very nice. It doesn't look at all like a "short of fabric" pieced back but like a clever plan. Lovely.

o

Good going, Beverly!!! Keep those wheels turning!!!!

SharonG/FL

o

Looks great...your skills are coming along great, too!

Gwen

o

Very clever and looks planned to me. Great job and I know you will do great quilting it. TFS.

o

I love the two color tube squares. Who'd ever know how simple they are! As someone else said looks planned.

o

It is quilted and ready for binding! It was much easier than I had feared. And the Voyager was very happy with her tension. I will post pictures when I get the binding on. It will be a few days, gotta work the next three.

beverly

o

I know it's early in the morning, but could someone explain the "tube" blocks? That's a new one to me.

Teresa

o

As I recall, one of her measurements was incorrect. The two pieces sewn into the tube must be the same width.

This is the same method Cozy Quilts, Daniella Stout has many quick patterns and a ruler for this method.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tube block

o

I couldn't remember what a tube block was either. It sure does look easy and saves time on the cutting table.

Love the quilt, Beverly!!

Robbi

o

Wonderful idea Beverly!! You sure quilted it fast.
I made a fall table runner and it turned out great (and fast). The Christmas one was horrible!!! This pattern has bias edges so I will starch the devil out of it if I use it again and not use sparkly fabric that doesn't iron well.
The quilts from the pattern are very pretty too!!!!
Rosa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here