Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amazingcm

a post many years ago..

amazingcm
9 years ago

Several years ago. Someone posted a pattern that was a block a week if I remember right.. It is hard to explain but it was a all about me type of quilt.. Block one was a block with the first letter of your name.. Second block was something else about you so on and so on.. Does anyone remember this quilt.. I had it saved to my computer and it crashed.. I never made it but have thought about it several times. grace

Comments (11)

• teresa_nc7
    9 years ago

Is this the quilt?

Here is a link that might be useful: All About Me - Atkinson Designs at Alderwood Quilts

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Grace, Seems like Red tried to start something like that years and years and years ago but it never really got off the ground....at least, I don't think it did.

SharonG/FL

• amazingcm
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No Teresa that is not it but it could be incorporated.
    Sharon I think that is right but I know I had the pattern all in tact so she must have finished that one or maybe I finished it up on my own..
    We used to do a lot of things back then.. This is where I got the real quilting bug.. grace

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

Is this what you are looking for?
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/quilt/msg081008332590.html

If you google Gardenweb all about me quilt red
    you get some hits that describe the blocks by month

• amazingcm
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks ladies, I searched this website and found nothing but by searching google I found a few blocks and the size of all 14 blocks.. but only found
    June block:Favorite Sport 10"X 15"
    July Block: Favorite Quilt Block 12"X12"
    Oct block:Name Block 21" X 7"
    Jan, Block: Birthday 20"X21",
    I spent a lot of time today but will look again another day.. Don't know why this quilt came into mind. Now to find the lay out the total quilt size was 60"X72"". I did see lots of familiar names on my search today.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Block 4 - 12 1/2 X 12 1/2 Your occupation
    Block 9 - 15 X 21 Your favorite season
    Block #3 for November size is 21" long by 11" inches tall...
    This block will be about when you as a "child" you may do it how ever you like.... example your favorite toys as a child, your best friends as a child.....something you would like to share about your childhood....
    There are 14 blocks.....
    12" by 12" ( there are 2 blocks this size.)
    21" long by 7" tall
    21" long by 11" tall
    20" x 21"
    16' x 21"
    12"x 25"
    9" x 15"
    15" x 21"
    10" x 15"
    12" x 15"
    16" x 21"
    15" x 19"
    7 1/2" x 42"

Been searching Google for you and did a bit of copy and paste. :-) Looks like you have half of the block info now.

SharonG/FL

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Just found this and linked...... it should help.

block 6 - 16 by 21 a block about where you came from.

block 7 - size 12 x 25 your favorite flower remeber the size of block is the finished size.

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: all about me final blocks and sewing directions

• amazingcm
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank You, Sharon!!!! You did not sleep last night.. I logged in to continue my hunt and there it is all done for me... The lay out was the main thing I wanted as I will change up the blocks to my liking.. I will type it all up and add it to my stack of quilts I want to make.. It was fun looking I saw a lot names I remembered from the past. All the swaps I used to do before life got in the way.. Off to PT hope they release me today. Thanks again grace

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Grace, We can thank Marsha for posting the Google info as that is what I used. It was a lot of hits and misses and still didn't check all of them.

Would be great to see if anyone actually completed the quilt and posted a picture of it.

I'm still in my 'mindless' phase here so looking for something specific was something to do and I actually went to bed fairly early....for me. :-)

SharonG/FL

• amazingcm
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I just drew it all out and still missing block #8 April and found a couple things that do not add up but if I remember right that is how it was with red a lot of the time.. Block #13 is 15 X18 and there is not a 15X18 in the blocks she listed. But think I can get it from here if I ever get to this project. Even if I have to add a block or two.. Thanks again for your help.. Yes it would be great to see a finished project.

• polardream
    9 years ago

I had started to save these instructions at the time, also, but never got them all. We are on our way to Camp Cheerio, so don't have the computer with all my stuff on it, but I am going to bookmark this post so I can go back and see what I am missing! Thanks for bringing it back to our attention.

Sue

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling