Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bev2009

I did a bad, bad thing.....

bev2009
11 years ago

Making the charity quilts pretty much decimated my tiny stash. So I had been thinking, what am I going to do for fabric in January when I start making more quilts for the new children's home that will be built next year? Lo and behold, yesterday morning I received an email from Blue Bamboo with 70% off selected end of bolts. I've been wanting to order something from them, I love Asian prints. So I had a ball shopping and can't wait for everything to come in. I don't even know how many yards I bought, but I am afraid it is quite a bit. Hehehe. I see some quilting bees in my future in Jan and Feb, great months for having a bunch of ladies over with a pot of chili and some corn bread, ok and something chocolate.

Comments (23)

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Well, 40 lashes with a wet noodle for you. But you can't resist a 70% off coupon. Have fun with your newly plumped up stash.

beverly

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Bev, I saw that email too and looked over their stock. What a great bunch of fabrics at such incredible prices. I'm so glad you were able to take advantage of the sale. I'm sure you'll put all the fabric to good use. I think you did a good, good thing. Lois

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Wow! 70% off!!! And at Blue Bamboo!!! I love that place, just ask Lois!!!

SharonG/FL

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

I'd have a hard with resisting that sort of discount, too! I believe it was meant to be :-)

Robbi

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Sharon, it sounded from one of your posts like you are starting on your Chinese Coin quilt that you bought the fabric for at Blue Bamboo. How's it coming? It was such gorgeous fabric!

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

the quilting fairy has tapped you! You will lead a charmed life next year. Have fun.

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Well I think it would be ILLEGAL to not buy fabric that's 70% off! LOL I may pop over there for a look, too... ;)

Donna

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

OMG I can't resist 40% off and you got 70%! Yeap, great deal!
    Rosa

• polardream
    11 years ago

You lucky, lucky girl! Have fun and enjoy your new finds!
    Sue

• mary_c_gw
    11 years ago

Bad to the bone?? A bad, bad thing. NO.

Nope - a good fabric find at 70% off is a good thing.

A couple of months back I bought 23 YARDS of good fabric from Connecting Threads because it was $2.49/yard. $2.49!!/YARD!!

It would have been wrong to leave all that fabric there, LOL, at that ridiculous price!

• bev2009
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You're all making me feel better. I now believe it would have been criminal NOT to have taken advantage of such a great deal. LOL By the way, no coupon necessary. It looks like the 70% deal is gone, but there is still a 65% sale. Not that I am trying to lead anyone down the path with me. I am concerned I may have ordered too many plain colors and not enough print. Hmmmmmmm

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

70% off...Stop w/ the bad and accept Congratulations...i've got to check that out...Have fun w/ the new stash!
    V

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Bev-you did a good, good, thing! You saved me from buying that fabric :)
    You deserve a good sale from all your charitable quilting! Good for you!

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Well deserved. Enjoy

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Lois, I plan on taking it to retreat. I have the various sizes 9, 7, 5, 3 ready to be sashed with black and have taken a picture of the layout so I don't forget what I have in mind. The fabric I bought at Blue Bamboo turned out to be more blue than the bright turquoise I was wanting. Looked in the other quilting stores I went to for an oriental TOT but didn't find any, so bought what looks to be a batik. We'll see how it ends up. @:)

SharonG/FL

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

70% off! Good, good, good!!!

• karpet
    11 years ago

You did such a good, good thing that when I looked on the site last evening, there was nothing left in the 70% off section! Many, many quilters are happy!
    Karlene

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Well, well, well......and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but another 70% off sale showing up in my email at this special shop! wooohooo, I'm hoping what I bought will work together for the 9-patch pizzazz I've been wanting to make. wooowoooo

SharonG/FL

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Ooooo! What did you buy?

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

The crane fabric for the focus fabric and what I hope will be suitable to go with it. Kind of difficult to tell, but I like the other fabric anyway. @:)

SharonG/FL

• wendyfaye
    11 years ago

Not a bad thing in my books. :)

Enjoy!
    Faye

• bev2009
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sharon, you are evil to have pointed that out again. LOL I hadn't opened my email to see it until you posted. However, I am ahead now on fabric and must exhibit self control until I get my three daughters quilts made for Christmas. Although I will be buying fabric my daughter chose of Russian nesting dolls. So many projects, so little time.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

I was really disappointed as I only received one of the fabrics I ordered. You'd think they would have made a notation those fabrics were no longer available. However, I really like the one I did receive and will continue looking for a focus fabric.

SharonG/FL