Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loisflan

I got bored so...

loisflan
11 years ago

I was so tired of quilting my never-ending tablerunner and my pineapple quilt that I took a little break. Last year when I made my Christmas tree skirt, I had a lot of neutral strips left over, so I decided to make a tablerunner. Here it is. Of course, now I have to quilt it. And, I still have a bunch of neutral strips.

Comments (13)

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Very nice and I like the cardinal fabric!

• bev2009
    11 years ago

That' beautiful! Do you have a pattern or do you just know how to put it together after so many quilts?

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

It's lovely! ... You should get bored more often! :-)
    V.

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Beautiful, Lois!

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Fantastic. Bored works well for you. I love the design. Is it your original?

• polardream
    11 years ago

Really lovely, Lois!

Isn't it fun when you have lots of goodies in your stash to make something so nice?

Sue

• loisflan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I cut so many strips for the Christmas tree skirt (following the directions), and I bet I had almost as many left as I used. On the next page were the directions for a tablerunner. They started out by saying, "If you've made the Christmas tree skirt, you have enough strips left over for the tablerunner." Why they had me cut so many strips I don't know. Anyway, there was a pattern for the tablerunner, but it said you could use any 10" block. I went looking on-line for something that looked like a pointsettia, and I found this block called Christmas Star. It was a 12" block, so the runner got a little bigger. The strips are just twelve neutrals cut in widths of 1.5", 2" and 2.5". They are really easy to assemble - kind of like half a log cabin. You just keet adding strips to your blocks until you get the length you want on the outside edge. Then you cut the strips to that length and sew the two halves together. Border with a 3" border. I think this would be fun done in shades of red and green too.

• sunnycentralfl
    11 years ago

That is very pretty! Thx for the directions too!

Christmas will be very pretty at your house with both the Table runner and Tree Skirt!

Have fun!
    Gwen

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Thanks for the how to info. The list of "I should do that" is getting out of control at my house.

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Very pretty!!
    I followed a pattern carefully and had so many strips left over to use in a Log Cabin.

I could still use the strips but it was annoying!

• ritaweeda
    11 years ago

Great use of strips. I still have a big bag of them, even after making a string quilt a couple of months ago.

• lola99
    11 years ago

Your table runner is lovely.

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

Very pretty! I like your use of neutrals in the center of it as that will make for a nice contrast to whatever centerpiece you use. TFS. :-)

Best to you,
    Sandra

Sponsored
C&D Concrete & Construction
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Experienced Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Masonry in Franklin County