Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

What did you quilt this weekend?

lindaoh_gw
13 years ago

My DS and DDIL came home for the weekend, arriving Saturday morning. My goal was to close the pool for the winter. It rained on Sat. so we didn't get much done except to remove the steps from the pool. I put the chemicals in this morning and this afternoon we covered it. When we got the cover out, we discovered that a mouse had chewed holes in it. We store it in the shed in the summer and it's not mouse proof. We still put it on but I have to order a new cover. This cover was new last year, I really didn't want to spend the money for a new cover this soon but don't have a choice.

After the kids went home this afternoon, I cut out and started sewing my October table runner.

What did everyone do this weekend?

Linda OH

Comments (7)

• toolgranny
    13 years ago

I worked on the railroad a bit and then finished up the FMQ and binding on my "Chubby Chicks" quilt. Need to ship it off to Germany for a blessed event. I've started my gathering phase for the October retreat. The piles change as often as my mind does. Who knows what will end up in the suitcase. When you fly, you have to plane more efficiently.

• Robbi D.
    13 years ago

Saturday we worked on cleaning up our garage. This garage (detached) has never had a car in it, so it's mostly a 2 car storage shed! And boy does it have the junk in it!

Linda I understand about the mice. We live out in the woods and have more than our share. We had one escape from a trap Friday night (in the house) and I think we scared him off, because I haven't seen a sign of him since!

Yesterday was beautiful, so we took my mom and grandmother out on our new (to us) pontoon. It was a beautiful day to be on the water :-)

So, I think I did about 30 minutes on my hand applique block this weekend. I promise, that sewing machine was definitely calling my name all weekend! It was so hard to stay focused on cleaning that garage!

• msmeow
    13 years ago

Linda, can you patch the holes for this winter and get another year out of the cover? My dad used to use plastic and some vile-smelling glue to patch tarps and things.

I didn't get much done this weekend. Sat. I quilted a baby quilt (group project - all I did was quilt it!). I was waiting for delivery of my new dryer so didn't want to get into making and sewing binding, and the delivery guys were running so late it was dinner time when they were done. Yesterday I played in the jazz band for 3 church services and pretty much napped and goofed off all afternoon & evening. Finally went to bed at 9:30! LOL

Donna

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Oh, I had a good weekend. Had to take the tension assembly out of my machine and "re-build" it. Thank goodness DH is mechanically inclined. Got it fixed and caught up on my birthday blocks (thanks so much everyone for being understanding). So with all my machines up and running again, I also got a Project Linus quilt quilted. Have a donation quilt ready to go on the frame today. DD#2 is at Troy University studying Sign Language Interpretation. They are having a fund raiser the 18th and she wanted a quilt to raffle. I had a top I purchased on another forum and will get it quilted for them. Along with making goodies for the bake sale. Did I say I'm having a fundraiser this weekend?

beverly

• karpet
    13 years ago

Just got back from a wonderful visit with my parents, so Saturday was spent in airports and on airplanes, and yesterday I caught up with things on-line. Strange how quickly I've become dependent on the internet and how much I miss it when there is no access for awhile!

Sorry about the mice problems!

We need to clean out our barn and have a garage sale. I've been putting it off, but I better get on it or DH will clean out all my stuff and sell it!

It's always good to get a machine back up and running.

Hmm, a new dryer - I could use one of those. Ours eats zippers and buttons!

Karlene

• solstice98
    13 years ago

I finished the retirement gift quilt, including a little pillowcase to keep it in. This week I'll be working on Sept and Oct birthday blocks. Once those are done, I'm going to start a major cleaning/reworking of the small room I use for sewing, crafts, ironing and as a second guest room. It's going to be a real chore but I'm looking forward to it being more organized.

Kate

• ritaweeda
    13 years ago

2 weekends in a row, no sewing. Had to go through 12 boxes of cookbooks (old) last weekend that belonged to MIL, now waiting for anyone who wants any to go through them again, all that aren't chosen will be going to the local ministry and sold at the monthly flea market - all proceeds go to the homeless/needy. They were not cared for, kept in an un-airconditioned and dirty environment. I had to inspect and clean each one separately. This past weekend the 3 grandkids spent the weekend. Yesterday I went back to volunteering at the local community center for developmentally disabled adults (equine therapy). You want to find out what hard work is, try pushing a horse around all day in 90 degree heat. I also volunteer twice a month at the other center (data entry). And today it's catch-up time with laundry and finally getting some rest. On top of that I never finish-mowed the lawn so that needs to get done, too. I need to find a job so I can get some rest!