Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lucky me!

Posted by quiltnhen (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 12 at 21:17

Attended a local quilt show today and wrote a bid of $70.00 for a silent auction for a gently used Singer Ingenuity, 7436. Can't try it out tonight because there are no bobbins, but it looks like everything else is there! Thought my daughter might like it, but if she doesn't I'm sure a women's shelter would love it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lucky me!

Great luck, I'm sure your daughter will like it.

beverly

o

Congratulations! I won a machine in a shop hop back in Feb. I gave it to a co-worker of hubby's who couldn't afford to buy one.

Enjoy!

Donna

o

Boo hoo. Bought bobbins and cleaned the new machine thoroughly today and started to wind a bobbin. Machine makes noise, no action. OK, so maybe if I hand wind a bobbin I can at least see how it works, right. NOT! Didn't even notice that there was nothing attached to the shank to snap a foot onto. Off to the store tomorrow to see what needs doing and find parts.

o

Bummer! I hope it won't take too much $ to get it up and running. :)

Donna

o

Well it's in the shop now and so far it's been $98.00 before parts!

o

DD was delighted to get the machine. After parts and servicing the total cost of my bargain was $190.00, so I'm really glad she liked it. I know, never expect something for nothing. Learned my lesson about checking things out before purchase though!

She hauled it home on BART (for out of staters that Bay Area Rapid Transit), and then onto a bus that connects to her neighborhood in SF. Between the machine, extension table, parts and assorted other heavy things she was hauling I would not have made it a block! I guess 40 is the new 20?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here