Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_in_va

What does one do?

jennifer_in_va
10 years ago

What does one do when your entire sewing room is packed up to travel??

I have most of everything packed up for retreat. I still need to do maintenance on my machines, and pack up my mats. But then what? I can barely move around in there!

But I've decided that my ironing big board is in terribly shabby shape. It's needed a new cover for ages, but how can that be done when you need it frequently?? But I figured campers probably wouldn't want to iron their quilts on it when it's all marked up with pencil and sharpie.

So, I've started giving it a once-over. So far I've pulled off 3 layers of fabric covering...and still have another double layer of muslin that I'm trying to decide whether to take off or simply cover over! (Guess it's been awhile since I've done this!)

I hope to finish it tonight after bedtime... It'll look all pretty when it travels!! Promise!

Comments (2)

• mary_c_gw
    10 years ago

Leave the muslin - if it's not damaged, then it is a protective layer. Make new cover. Done.

Don't overthink!

And I envy all the retreat participants!

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Oh, just cover over it. I have decided that when I recover mine I will put a muslin base then a removable cover to make washing easier.

beverly

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21