Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
littlehelen_gw

Lotto

littlehelen_gw
9 years ago

Greetings!
Can you believe October is arriving in a few hours...time sure has flown by! As we approach the last quarter of 2014...a change is due for 2015....

I want to let all lotto participants know that I will officially retire from my lotto block logistics role (collection and winner announcement) at year end 2014. Our artistic director, K8, aka Kate, is retiring from the lotto this year as well.
So the door is wide open for anyone else who would like to take over all or partner with another for 2015.

I gotta tell you...I completely enjoyed being the logistics side of this partnership....it is soooo fun to open those little packages every month and then pull all those blocks together for the final photo before the random drawing...I'll miss seeing your lovely blocks up close and personal. Thank you all for letting me have so much fun! I know Kate has shared the same sentiments with me...we both enjoyed our garden web lotto time!

Valarie

Comments (15)

• nannykins
    9 years ago

I think everyone must be quite surprised at this news, trying to digest all it means and what changes it will bring.
    I have said this before and at the risk of repeating myself, you two gals have done remarkable work, from the planning of themes, blocks, collecting and dispersing. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Your shoes will be hard to fill..but I am also sure that there will be someone who will come forward and continue this really enjoyable part of the Forum.
    Maybe discussing that can be part of the Retreat agenda.
    Theresa

This post was edited by nannykins on Wed, Oct 1, 14 at 9:32

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

It has been fun, but my "real" job is just taking too much of my time right now. I wouldn't have done it this year if Valarie hadn't encouraged me to come back for one more year. I got to do the fun part while she took on the majority of the work --- my deepest thanks to her for doing that!

To whomever takes it on for 2015, I pledge my support and participation in the lottos whenever possible. I may miss a couple months but I'll contribute to most of them.

Kate

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Val and Kate, I'm sorry to hear that you two have decided not to continue with the lotto. But, I do understand. You have both done a good job and I appreciate the time and energy you've put into it.

SharonG/FL

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

You gals have done an amazing job this year! You took the Lotto to a whole new level. Even though I wasn't able to do many, I enjoyed reading about them and the images you provided to give inspiration.

Well Done!

• bev2009
    9 years ago

You both of done a superb job with the Lotto. I hope it is able to continue.

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Thanks so much, Kate and Val, for all your hard work. The lotto has really been fun. I hope we can keep it going too.

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

If anyone is interested, but not sure how to start, plan, etc. I'll be happy to put together the initial post for you including gathering pictures. You just need to pick the blocks, themes, colors - however you want to do it - and then keep it running throughout the year.

Kate

• redmary
    9 years ago

I have thoroughly enjoyed the k & v duo! Your creative spirit spurred me on to try blocks that I might not have attempted on my own. Despite by flubbed products over this past year, I have learned a great deal. I especially liked learning how to paper piece. Grateful in B-more, Mary

• polardream
    9 years ago

OKAY ..... I will take the Lotto over with the help of Linda (toolgranny). We are working on picking out the blocks and colors and will have a post in early November.

Blocks will be mailed to Linda since we travel and are not home a few months out of the year. If you need her address, please send her an email through GW.

We are not doing the Quarterly Lotto paper-piecing blocks, simply because I don't have time (and honestly don't like to paper piece!). If someone else wants to take that on, be my guest.

Hopefully you will like what we have picked and the same basic rules of the lotto will apply. They will be posted in the upcoming 2015 Lotto Postings.

Sue

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Great news!!
    Theresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Thank you, Sue and Linda for stepping up to the plate and donning the hats for the 2015 Lotto Coordinators! Looking forward to seeing what you have in mind for us in the coming year.

SharonG/FL

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

HooRAY! Thank you Sue and Linda!

• beth7happy
    9 years ago

Yay for Sue and Linda!! Thank you SO MUCH for stepping up to the plate on the lotto! This 'playing' has really helped me, as a novice, to learn so much about making blocks and learning how to piece! (and everyone has been super kind and patient!). Hope lots of people, both the regulars and newbies will join in...there is so much to learn from sharing!!!

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Sue and Linda, thank you both for agreeing to step into some shoes that will be pretty hard to fill. And thanks for posting the blocks in November. That way I'll be able to plan for the January, February and March blocks and get them completed in Hawaii. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

And thanks again to Val and Kate for a job well done.

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yippee!!!
    Thanks a heap ladies...can't wait to see what is in store for 2015.
    V.

Sponsored
Uncommon Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Turnkey Interior Design Studio in Loudoun County, VA