Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally finished!

Posted by jackier123 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 3, 12 at 20:25

I finally finished this top which is going to be my mother's Christmas present. It is made out of my Birthday blocks from 2012 and about 25 more that I made. It is ready to be sent off to the longarmer!

Jackie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally finished!

Jackie, it's lovely - so feminine. Your mother will be delighted. Beautiful work!

o

Jackie, what a great use of the birthday blocks! I love the applique around the corners; it sets off the blocks perfectly. It's a beautiful gift and I'm sure it will mean a lot to her!

Kate

o

Jackie, It's beautiful...I'm sure your Mom will treasure this lovely gift!!!
V.

o

Wow, it's wonderful! Your mom will love it. What is the name of the block?

Donna

o

Thanks everyone. The block is 1930's square. All the colored fabrics are 1930's reproductions.

Jackie

o

Really beautiful.

o

That turned out great. The blocks alone didn't look like much but put together with lots of others really makes it special. I'm sure she'll be so surprised.

o

Beautiful. So many pretty fabrics and such an interesting design. It reminds me a little of the granny square crocheted afghans I loved as a child. Can't wait to see what it looks like all quilted.

o

Love it, especially the applique, looks like an antique.

o

Really lovely! You did a great job in putting this together and I know your mom will be thrilled to receive it.

Teresa

o

Beautiful! I love the vines, they add such a special touch. Your Mom will love the gift.

o

Beautiful!! I also love your appliqued flower border. Nice :-)

Robbi

o

What a wonderful quilt. Yes, also love the applique border. Never seen it used like that and is such a clever idea.

o

You did a wonderful job of mixing the colors and appliquing the border. A lovily gift and good use of your BD blocks. Your mother will be thrilled with your efforts.TFS

o

It's a lovely quilt! What a wonderful Christmas present it will be.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Jackie, What a special and beautiful gift for your mother. She will cherish it.

SharonG/FL

o

The applique border is beautiful and really softens the geometric shape. She will love it.

o

Ditto to all the above. I love, love, love the appliqued border. Can't wait to see it quilted. It's a real treasure.

o

Very nice job Jackie. Thanks for sharing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here