Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
odessaquilts

News of my whereabouts....

odessaquilts
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've not been around much lately, but life has actually kicked my butt to the moon and back of late. I have envelopes of birthday blocks unopened and hope to get to looking at them over the weekend so I can properly acknowledge them. I understand there is some worry and concern, but please know that we are working through some difficult issues at home and I will be back with all of you very soon.

To those folks in Patchwork Pines and Galaxy Stars who have not received a birthday block from me, it is my intention to complete all remaining blocks on my list (through the end of December) by either this weekend or next and get them mailed right away. I will admit to not being a good swap partner this swap, but please understand that it was not my intent to leave you all hanging.

The issues I have been dealing with are of a personal nature and that is all I need say about them. I appreciate your understanding and friendship as I continue to work through the situations and get back to my usual self.

Odessa

Comments (16)

• grammyp
    13 years ago

I hope things are getting better. I'll keep you in my prayers. We understand about the blocks.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

Odessa, I just knew there had to be something going on in your life. I'm sorry life got so drastic for you! There are some things we have no control over and just have to pick up the pieces that are left, or the ones you want to keep, and work through them. I won't be home for about 4 weeks, so you can do mine last if you want to. Sending good thoughts and hugs...

SharonG/FL-IN

• lola99
    13 years ago

Take care Odessa. If there is anything that we can do to help, please know that your quilting friends are here for you. You will be in my prayers.

Lola

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Like Sharon, I knew something was wrong - but didn't want to pry. Have bumped you up to the top of the prayer list - hope that's OK:) You know we're all pulling for you & hope things right themselves soon.
    Sending you hugs,

Cindy

• Kristene Smith
    13 years ago

So glad to hear from you again. I think most of us have had drastic times in our lives when we found it difficult to cope. It's most important to look after yourself and your family first, then quilting/crafts can follow. Take it easy and know your quilting friends here will understand.

Kristene (TinyTeena)

• User
    13 years ago

Odessa, when I was a teenager my mother gave me the best advice ever: This too will pass.

I hope this time in your life passes soon.

Thinking of you,
    Dianne

• Robbi D.
    13 years ago

I hope things come around real soon. You are in my prayers.

Robbi

• petalpatsy
    13 years ago

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles, Odessa. I hope things smooth out for you soon, too!

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Glad to hear from you. We were worried. I'll be wishing you much better days ahead!
    Jeanne

• bozogardener
    13 years ago

Glad to hear from you, but sad to hear life is rough for you right now. Take care of yourself!

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

((((Odessa))))

• rosajoe_gw
    13 years ago

Best wishes Odessa. Take care of yourself.
    Rosa

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

All thngs have a place in our lives, even the bad ones. The coping makes us stronger and hopeful wiser. My thoughts are with you. God Bless. Jayne

• sunnycentralfl
    13 years ago

Oddessa,
    So glad you posted...was thinking about you...you are not alone with life interferring with our best intension when we signed up for BD blocks. Lateness we can deal with, but please take good care of yourself as you work you way though. We'll be here.

Gwen

• polardream
    13 years ago

Sending best wishes your way that things will work out okay. I'll keep you on my prayer list.

Sue/polardream

• meima
    13 years ago

I am sorry your world is rainy, but I surely am glad you are still with us. Hang in there. I am especially happy that your birthday came at a time when you needed a lift and you have some little packages of sunshine to remind you that people care.
    Meima