Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chickie1_gw

Sister's Quilt

chickie1
11 years ago

I have three sisters and one sister in law. I made a quilt for two of the sisters and the SIL. Well today I finished a quilt for me dear baby sister. She loved it. I had her pick out the fabric from my stash and I used Tossed Nine Patch by Eleanor Burns. It turned out so much better than I thought it would. Brown is not my favorite color. But she loves it.

Darlene

Comments (18)

• chickie1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here's the top side of the quilt. I thought it downloaded too but it didn't the first time. Darlene

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

I really like the color combination and your quilting works so nicely w/ this pattern. Great job, pretty quilt!!
    V.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Beautiful! She chose a wonderful assortment that makes the brown just right. Love the quilting design. You're setting off all kinds of creative bells!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

It looks really nice, Darlene. I think your baby sister did well in her color choices, and you put the fabric together in a pleasing way. I like your quilting, too....I hope I remember it as it might be something I could do. Good job!

SharonG/FL

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

One of my favorite color combinations. Your fabrics have a pleasing effect and nice to know they came from you stash. That always is a plus for me. I like that quilting you did, it works well with the pattern. You did "good"! Your sister is lucky.TFS

• polardream
    11 years ago

Darlene,
    You did a beautiful job - I love the combination and your quilting is really nice!! Don't you just love that pattern?
    Sue

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

Great quilt! Now baby sister can't say 'But, you like them better than me!'

• bev2009
    11 years ago

Don't you just love how quickly the pattern goes together and yet looks so complicated to the untrained eye? I love the colors together, great job.

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Darlene, that's quite the stash you must have! I think your quilt is simply beautiful. I love the colors and prints. And I think your quilting pattern is great, especially for those blocks. It's geometrical, but it's curvy too. I may try it on the tablerunner I just made. I've been trying to decide on a quilting pattern. Very nice work! And thanks for the ideas. Lois

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

I love the quilting design you did. I'm assuming it's free motion? I like that your loops aren't exact. I need to use that to get some more practice. I like how it looks.

Robbi

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

I have a question about the pattern. I looked up Tossed 9 patch but could find the directions---Is it simular to the disappearing 9 patch?? And how does it differ?

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Jayne, I think it's the same pattern....different name.

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Tossed 9-Patch

• calliope
    11 years ago

Oh wow........nice quilt! Looks like another one is on my list. Another enabler. LOL.

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

I love the fabrics and I agree your quilting is perfect for the pattern!

• ritaweeda
    11 years ago

Nice scrappy one, love the quilting, nice job.

• chickie1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much for all the great comments. The Tossed Nine patch is soooo easy. You make the nine patch, cut it in half, then in half again, then mix them up and so them back together. I love this pattern because it looks more complicated than it is. I was unsure how the quilting was going to look but it turned out so much better than I thought it would. Never tried it before. I will definitely do it again.

• Joan Dupuis
    11 years ago

I really like your quilt. How many different prints did you use?

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

I think it's a beautiful quilt!

Best to you,
    Sandra