Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

Color test

K8Orlando
10 years ago

Here's a fun, on-line color acuity test. I bet most quilters have a very accurate color sense.

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: The Color Test

Comments (16)

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

Can't say I did all that well. Only 77

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Your score: 20
    My Mother was very color blind & my Brother - oh my - he sees most colors as gray - Dark gray or light gray. I feel lucky to be able to see all the beautiful colors in my world.

My Lead Installer (furniture systems) is also color disadvantaged. Before CAD - when layout drawings were all hand drawn to scale, I used to color code the electrical and hardware components to make it easier for the installers to stage and install panel systems. It was several years before I realized he was color blind and he also needed the product codes. He would bring me the floor plan for clarification of my specs, because he had couldn't tell the difference between the colors.

Fun test! I may take it again on another computer to see if I score the same.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Surprised me! I got a 4!

SharonG/FL

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

Wasn't that fun!! I scored a 3!!!! Guess Jinny Beyer is rubbing off on me.

I've always loved putting colors/fabric together...one of my favorite steps of quilting. Guess there's a reason for that.

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Well, I got at 36. That explains some of the looks I get from DH.

beverly

• petalpatsy
    10 years ago

I got a 4. I missed four in a row in the aquas, and I thought it was tricky because some of the aquas were brighter that the far left aqua, so I had the brightest aquas more toward the middle instead of leading off. I wonder if it's me or you guys also noticed that?

• rosajoe_gw
    10 years ago

I scored a 31 lol! At first I thought I scored zero.

Too many of them looked exactly the same to me.

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

Decided I must be doing something wrong so took it again.
    4 this time......

• calliope
    10 years ago

Usually I just sort of brush off these sorts of on-line tests, but I think this one is pretty darned accurate. When it graphed out where I had problems it was spot on. Most all of answers I gave were totally correct, but the bars shot up in a narrow area of blue and then again green. I've known for a long time this has been an issue for me, and I've had it all my life. It was the first argument I had with my husband and it was over whether our garbage dumpster was blue or green. I was positive I was right, but every person I asked confirmed he was. My nephew and my son also have difficulties in that respect. I suspect since I'm female and the rod/cone thing is carried on the X gene, I got whammied from both parents. I got a 24, and this is the highest I've ever gotten on this test.

• calliope
    10 years ago

Acuity usually diminishes with age, or so my optometrist told me. Cataracts can also really affect it because it throws a yellow film over the eye.

• vacuumfreak
    10 years ago

I got a 39.... it was fun!

• wendyfaye
    10 years ago

Grrr, the website keeps resetting on me before I finish...

• bozogardener
    10 years ago

I got a 4. My problem is in the pinks. No wonder I don't "do" pink quilts! LOL

• beth7happy
    10 years ago

Pretty cool test. Scored a 7

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

24 Felt like it was harder than it should be! Guess age is robbing my eyes as well as my joints ;-)
    LindaB/CA

• lola99
    10 years ago

I got a zero. That was fun, but I don't think I'll take it again - I probably couldn't get a zero a second time.