Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

Sue is stalking me!

K8Orlando
10 years ago

I came home today to find a surprise package from Jackie! I was so delighted and tore into it with glee... and then I saw her... Sue! Sunbonnet Sue! The "girl (really? are we sure?) who-will-not-show-her-face". Jackie says she found them at an estate sale but I'm wondering if Sue didn't sneak into her house and somehow entice her to send them. Just as a way to get past my door and into my otherwise secure home. Sneaky Sue. I can just imagine the diabolical look in Sue's eyes, behind that too cute bonnet. I know she's up to something.

Kate
;~))

Comments (22)

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

And it's not even your birthday ~LOL~
    How many and what is Sue doing???
    Pictures please!

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

Come on!!! You HAVE to show us pictures of your cute Sue! It's not fair if you don't!

I promise she won't break your camera....She's so sweet and innocent, and all! What harm could it do??

Way to go, Jackie!!! ;) ;)

• jackier123
    10 years ago

Hahahaha I figured I would get a cuss fit out of her! I think she handled it well.

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Jackie, you are great. Now she has to use them, right?

beverly

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Waaaaaa! Jen promised Sue wouldn't break my camera!

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

ROTFLMAO!!!

Jackie, she had to handle it well, at least on this public forum! I'm sure your ears must have been burning, though!

Beverly, it is my understanding that if there are quilt blocks in your house, you must do something with them! If not, you will have bad quilting zju-zju for eternity.

Kate, you are just way too computer savvy!!! lol

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh don't worry. I'm definitely going to do something with them. Yes indeed. Bwwwaaaaahhh ha ha ha ha!!!!

• ritaweeda
    10 years ago

IMO Sunbonnet Sue and the person who created her are EVIL and MUST be DESTROYED!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Awwww, I like Sue. Kate, with the parasol, I think we can call these Southern Belle Sue. I like Sue when she's a rascal, too.

SharonG/FL-IN

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I do not like her, that's the facts.
    I do not like her: Sue-in-hats.

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

Sue-in-hats is not so bad
    Sue-in-hats: don't make her sad.

• justamomofsix
    10 years ago

Sue-in-hats full of glee
    Sue-in-hats should come to me!!

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Evil eyes obscured by bonnet!
    (A few more lines, we'll have a sonnet.)

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

Sweet Sunbonnet Sue, clever little Sue.
    She turns her back so you wont have clue........
    Of all the mischief she has planned for you.

• petalpatsy
    10 years ago

Thanks for the chuckles!

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

We have a similar distaste for Sue. I'm particularly taken with your creativity in displaying her wrath on your camera though. Love the poetry too!

You ladies sure keep the humor going. Thanks for letting us voyeurs join in.
    LindaB/CA

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Sue is crafty, Sue is sneaky,
    put her in a boat that's leaky!

(I know, pretty lame...a poet I am not).

BUT - Kate - here was one you missed at the Jax show:

It was one of the challenge quilts. The challenge was Quilting Through the Ages.

LOL, Donna

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LOL! Thanks Donna!

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    9 years ago

UPDATE April 2014

"Duuun dun duuun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun..." (Jaws movie music)

The Roving Sues are moving on. I wasn't able to think of anything bad enough to do with her so I've decided to send her to someone who may appreciate her. But watch out! The Gang of Sues may only spend a short time at their new home; it's up to the lucky (ha!) recipient to decide to keep them or, like a hot potato, to hand them off once again. Do you dare check your mailbox?

Bwaaa ha ha ha HA!

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

Kate,
    The question is "Do YOU dare to look in your mailbox in the future, after these have moved around for awhile????" Bwwaaaa haa haa haa haa!!!

Oh the things we could do...
    Spend some time, and then surprise YOU!

• msmeow
    9 years ago

LOL! This reminds me of the shower balls from work! They were a gift in our Christmas gift exchange many years ago. They were big, red plastic balls that clipped on the shower rod between the curtain hooks - for decoration, I suppose. They were brought as a "real" gift (as opposed to a gag gift).

But...they appeared re-purposed at the next Christmas party, and for quite a few years the big joke was who was going to get the shower balls, and what had been done to them since last year. It was really very funny.

Donna

PS - Kate, I love your shark! :)

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz