Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
littlehelen_gw

Hubby's Batik

littlehelen_gw
11 years ago

My DH asked for a quilt earlier in the year so he can "relax" on the sofa...we all know what that means :-). Well I finally finished it this weekend.

You can't tell in the pic, but I did spirals in the center of the blocks and at each corner...still experimenting with FMQ. The spirals aren't perfect, but it's a cool effect and was fun to do...

Valarie

Comments (24)

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Very nice, Valarie! I'm sure your hubby will love it!

Donna

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Great job Valerie! I am sure your DH will be able to "relax" on the couch with this awesome quilt!

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

Great quilt. I love your colors.

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Looks like a very manly quilt - perfect for channel surfacing on a dreary day. Love the batiks. Wonderful job.

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Oh, I love it. Batiks are my favorite.

beverly

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Love the quilt and the fabrics. Would love to see a close-up of your quilting. I love to FMQ, but I'm not very good at accuracy, just the fun of it.

• jackier123
    11 years ago

I love it too. Anything Batik is great!

Jackie

• bev2009
    11 years ago

LOVE the colors! It's so rich looking. Could you get a shot of the quilting?

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Nice job! Love the colors, love the batiks. It's hard to remember you've been quilting for such a short time! Looks like the work of a pro.

Kate

• loisflan
    11 years ago

"Warm and wonderful" is how I would describe it. You did a fantastic job, Valarie. The fabrics are great and I love the pattern. Very, very handsome. Lois

• nanny98
    11 years ago

I wish mine were that beautiful. Love it!

• nannykins
    11 years ago

It is very well done. Congratulations!
    Theresa

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

Beautiful!! My dh would love that as well. You may never get him off the couch, now, LOL!

Robbi

• ritaweeda
    11 years ago

That's both beautiful and perfect for a man. Reminds me of fall.

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks all! And yes dh will be channel surfing happily.
    Bev2009: Here's a pic of the quilting, this is the border shot...I did a spiral in the cemter blocks (smaller) and each of the four coners. The spiral was a last minute thought, the fabric inspired me as I was attempting to imitate the batik fabric. The balance of the quilt is stippling and I did do a loopy loop in the skinny black border. In retrospect,I wish had a larger spiral in the center blocks...live and learn...Next time!

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

That's a beautiful and gorgeous quilt! I love the colors and quilt pattern! TFS! :-)

Best to you,
    Sandra

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

The quilt patterns look great! I appreciate seeing other discard the no crossing over a stitch. I really like free wheeling with the thread, it's what makes free motion such fun to do...until your shoulders give out ;-)

• fran1523
    11 years ago

That's a great couch quilt. You did a wonderful job on the quiltng too.

• bev2009
    11 years ago

Thanks for the pic. I'll give the spiral a shot today.

• lola99
    11 years ago

Wow, that is really beautiful. Your colors are so rich.

Nice job.

Lola

• bozogardener
    11 years ago

That's lovely! Your DH is a lucky man!

• dawnp
    11 years ago

That quilt is gorgeous and perfect for a man! I love the dark brown in there with the other colors.

You also did a great job on the quilting.

You're inspiring!

Dawn

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

It is gorgeous!!! Greart job on the quilting too. I'm still learning FMQ and I wait so long in between practice that it's like starting over each time lol!!!
    Rosa

• Joan Dupuis
    11 years ago

Love your quilt. Batiks are my favorite too. Would love to do FMQ, but most of my quilts are Queen and it would be impossible with my regular Singer machine. Too little space to bunch/roll all that fabric.